New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Coming soon, the counterfeit nyphirearms.com. People have no shame. I hope they are not charging the same price for that garbage break.

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
That's terrible...at least you can easily tell by the packaging.
And the brake itself luckily.

With car parts, there's counterfeit crap all over, most of it coming from a country that has no respect or even an understanding how copyrights and patents work. I'll give you a hint. It starts with a C and ends in "hina".

It sucks that it's happening with gun parts as well. At least this stuff is very easily distinguished, unlike the people trying to pass off the Magpul airsoft parts as regular firearm parts.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Cossey,
did you know about shadow shifts in terms of manufacturing?
After clocking out building for company A (lets say Aimpoint), a new shift comes in for a company B ( lets say AintPoint) and start producing parts w. sometimes same housings, lefover parts, no QC... then those Aintpoints from Ebay sometimes actually work and sometimes don't.
No respect for any Intellectual Property and good luck with any attempt to enforce anything in a country where that shift that happened never really officially happened and the plant manager is best pal in the party comrade that is the equivalent to our city mayor here and those people that were there do not even exist officially. they do not even clock in and out.
And people that do care for buying USA cannot even tell because it comes with the made in the USA.

Bottom line, if the deal is too good to be true. It is ALWAYS not good.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I got a "Magpul" MS2 on Amazon. It was an Airsoft. Guy tried to BS me and I took it up with Amazon. I got my $$ back without too much of a hassle. Of course I had to pay for return shipping. :mad:

With car parts, there's counterfeit crap all over, most of it coming from a country that has no respect or even an understanding how copyrights and patents work. I'll give you a hint. It starts with a C and ends in "hina".

It sucks that it's happening with gun parts as well. At least this stuff is very easily distinguished, unlike the people trying to pass off the Magpul airsoft parts as regular firearm parts.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Oh I remember one that seems huge I have seen in Ebay is the larue mounts and rails or so they claim. I am pretty sure there are others.
I think that Daniel has created a line specifically for airsoft that is cheaper. Smart move I think but it is all made there anyway one way or the other.

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
Since China is ALWAYS ripping off the USA brands--can someone please explain to me why the hell we care if we strain relations in China with this Chinese blind guy that ran to our embassy? The United States goverment should ban every product coming from China or charge it a 1000% import tax!

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Probably because 75% of the stuff we buy is made there.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts

Unless it's an international patent, China can make and sell anything they want.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts