New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NY Times
By MATT APUZZOJUNE 8, 2014

During the Obama administration, according to Pentagon data, police departments have received tens of thousands of machine guns; nearly 200,000 ammunition magazines; thousands of pieces of camouflage and night-vision equipment; and hundreds of silencers, armored cars and aircraft.

The equipment has been added to the armories of police departments that already look and act like military units. Police SWAT teams are now deployed tens of thousands of times each year, increasingly for routine jobs. Masked, heavily armed police officers in Louisiana raided a nightclub in 2006 as part of a liquor inspection. In Florida in 2010, officers in SWAT gear and with guns drawn carried out raids on barbershops that mostly led only to charges of "barbering without a license."
Military Equipment for Local Police

As the nation's wars abroad wind down, many of the military's surplus tools of combat have ended up in the hands of state and local law enforcement. Totals below are the minimum number of pieces acquired since 2006 in a selection of categories.

MRAPS BY STATE

= 1 vehicle

MRAPs

Mine-Resistant Ambush Protected armored vehicles

MRAPS BY STATE

= 1 vehicle

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/09/us/war-gear-flows-to-police-departments.html?smid=tw-nytimes&_r=3

The thing that gets me is that they just bought a sht ton of rifles for DHS last year , remember they drove the cost of rifles up and you couldn't buy/find any? Now they got 93,000 rifles. stop and think about that number for a minute. 93,000. There are 10,000 men in an Army division plus the thousands they ordered last year.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
There is a bad moon rising. This is so flat out wrong, and un-american. What degree of separation are we now from our government, and still no outcry, or is no one listening.
Robin

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh they do listen.....

They listen to their TV's, their radio's, their neighbors.
Do you follow alternative media? a whole different kind of news out there. They were onto "militarization" of police a long time ago and were the ones who broke the 2 billion rounds story.

Many sheeple cannot "critically think" and therefore do not comprehend. Normalcy bias is running rampant right now.

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
""In the Indianapolis suburbs, officers said they needed a mine-resistant vehicle to protect against a possible attack by veterans returning from war.""

"You have a lot of people who are coming out of the military that have the ability and knowledge to build I.E.D.'s and to defeat law enforcement techniques," Sgt. Dan Downing of the Morgan County Sheriff's Department told the local Fox affiliate, referring to improvised explosive devices, or homemade bombs.
And they would fight you becauuuuuuuse.......................................................................???

Why in the world are the police expecting an attack by combat Veterans??

Bueller? anybody? anybody? Simone? Bueller?

""Pentagon data suggest how the police are arming themselves for such worst-case scenarios. Since 2006, the police in six states have received magazines that carry 100 rounds of M-16 ammunition, allowing officers to fire continuously for three times longer than normal.""( Suppressive fire ). (Sounds like the civilian term for a SAW)

"When you explain that you're preparing for something that may never happen, they get it," said Capt. Tiger Parsons of the Buchanan County Sheriff's Office in northwest Missouri, which recently received a mine-resistant truck""

Just remember when civilians think that way Because you guys fked -up every disaster that ever happened you call them terrorists.

Why the fk isn't Fema getting a great deal on GP Mediums and Large? (Tents) (to hold the homeless) Hell,With money we spend we should have two portable citys Ware housed on standby with large portable toilet facility's and tools for clearing debris and re- building

They come with bottled water and cheese sandwich's and machine guns. Point out how bad everything really is . when the reality is, they could fly in two C130 full of tents , but they opt for the Mraps with fking ""Rescue"" printed on the side , what the hell ya rescuing with an Mrap son?? A kitty in the tree?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
There is a bad moon rising. This is so flat out wrong, and un-american. What degree of separation are we now from our government, and still no outcry, or is no one listening.
Robin
Because the sheep see it as "the government is keeping us safe". But what the sheep don't realize is they will be the first to board the trains and busses to FEMA camps when the SHTF. Then they will say to themselves, "Wow! this seems familiar".

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
They sure as hell are not gathering this machinery up for a picnic . Plus these PD,s that take this equipment , their constituents are really beginning to lose faith in these depts ! With the " alternative media " pointing out all of the equipement showing up on the streets , these depts are going to have a hard time convincing people they are just here to help out when the SHTF cause it's going to be worse for the ones who think it's great now !

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
I just can't wait for a rookie to use a 203 to open a door, lets see how that's going to platy out LMAO

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Why in the world are the police expecting an attack by combat Veterans??
Because when the SHTF finally and for real, and many of the cops end up on the wrong side of the Constitution and against the People and their Rights, it will be our nation's finest who previously served in uniform with honor and distinction who will be defending Liberty. They have the training, the experience, and the will to do what needs to be done, and the civilian Patriots will need their leadership and courage when the Time finally comes.

A police state and a free, armed society cannot coexist for long, and quite frankly, the quicker the final clash comes, the quicker we can set the ship of state right once again.

Its too bad its come to this, but the Government for the past few decades has been practically begging the People to finally challenge its un-Constitutional and Tyrannical behavior, and eventually the People will accept that challenge.

The politicians and the JustUs System and the rest of the corrupt bureaucracy will rue that day when it comes, because they simply do not have enough agents and hired guns at their disposal to fight off the massive backlash that is coming, sooner or later, in a nation that has hundreds of millions of weapons in civilian hands.

All that is lacking is the will to use them, and that will come right quick once the proper spark ignites the tinderbox that has been building for awhile now.

Hopefully the conflagration will consume only the Tyranny, and not the nation and its long and sacred tradition of Liberty. In any spread of a wild fire, there is always the danger that it will get out of hand and burn down the whole forest.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
My one hope is that the local sheriffs who get this stuff will pick the correct side if things every go that badly. Just picture the local sheriff MRAP squared off against DHS guys. Make sure you have a sheriff who will take the right side.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Reading this draws my attention to the following quote:

Let us reflect upon the fact that a man who covers his face shows reason to be ashamed of what he is doing. A man who takes it upon himself to shed blood while concealing his identity is a revolting perversion of the warrior ethic. It has long been my conviction that a masked man with a gun is a target. I see no reason to change that view."
J. Cooper

There is something going on...

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Still no outcry, or is no one listening.
Robin, there is little outcry because Americans do not care!

I am not saying all of them, the majority of people in the US just don't care.

They watch the videos of absolute abuse and believe that the man/women in uniform is always right.

Americans ask the questions like... Why didn't the driver let the police search his car? Does he have something to hide?

They see the local Police and the Federal Law Enforcement agencies stacking up arms because they truly believe that they are there 100% to protect the people.

Most Americans still feel that the Government is here to take good care of us.

Many either cannot see the truth or they do not want to see the truth!

They get their news from one place only(if they pay attention to the news that is), whatever they are told is what they believe!

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I should have said the bad moon has risen! just waiting for the high tide!
Robin Fogerty
Awwww crap! I thought I had Batman's sidekick's name pegged as Hirosaki, and you changed it!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Good thing the GOP and Dems betrayed the sage advice of President George Washington (and Dr. Ron Paul and almost EVERY other Middle Eastern expert), when deciding to begin a war of choice in Iraq, so that hundreds of billions could be borrowed from China, offered up in no-bid contracts to the well connected facets of the military industrial complex, destroy and destabilize the region, treat the vets like yesterday's garbage, and now offer up the war materiel to oppress us at home.

Were we not supposes to "fight them over there so we do not have to fight them at home" that was part of the Iraq lie, so WHO IS THE REAL ENEMY?

The Iraqi army under Saddam was not threatening our 2nd Amendment Rights and freedom.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Just spreading equipment around for the UN regime change.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
OK, back on topic, (sorry for the flippancy with your last name Robin) the bad moon is already here. Every day we read more stories of how the surveillance state has arrived, yet only the ACLU gets alarmed for their specific constituency. (if they really cared about civil liberties, they would have joined the 2A bandwagon years ago).

John Stark has it right in my book, as when the SHTreallyhitstheF, a lot of the "hired guns" a.k.a. "the man" will be a little bit more concerned about protecting their women and children from the ravening mobs fomented to riot and mayhem by the so called "elites", and a little less concerned with protecting the elite dirtbags that did the fomenting. The elite dirtbags may certainly rue their rash behavior, as the ravening mobs will catch them long before God fearing
Constitution respecting idiots like me. I'll be too busy trying to keep the people I love alive and well.

·
Banned
353 Posts
My one hope is that the local sheriffs who get this stuff will pick the correct side if things every go that badly. Just picture the local sheriff MRAP squared off against DHS guys. Make sure you have a sheriff who will take the right side.
You can bet your ass they will not be picking our side no matter what they say! They will be taking the side of the hand that feeds them and their family. Why go live in the trenches with the dieing when you can still continue to feed, house and live a normal life under the wing of your ruler.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
If I remember correctly, there has been much debate and even court rulings in the past saying that the police have no obligation to protect citizens but it is their job to protect the system. With the courts ruling in favor of the police on this matter, what does everyone think the police departments are receiving this equipment for, to protect the citizens or to protect the system from the citizens? I will go with the latter.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts