New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would like to build a resource thread for the purchase of lead shot. I am looking for sources, prices and availability for new or reclaimed lead shot... per 25lb or bulk. Even if you are a hobby/part time shot maker and want to PM me.
Any info on suppliers in NY or PA would be great!

I have found some resources online but I would like to find something within driving distance from Chenango County for possible co-op or club purchases.

Thank you!

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Start with your local skeet , trap range . They usually have reclaimed shot for sale . If not Midway has brand new shot for sale in 25 lb bags . You can get pretty much any size you want and the prices aren't bad either . I ordered some 9 shot for snake loads a while back and still got some . The most we go through is 7.5 as that's the trap favorite . There is plenty out there right now , just trying to find powder is soaking up a lot of my time !

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
I know a place but is like 2.5 hours from you..

·
Registered
891 Posts
Sorry I just now found this thread. When Greene Rod and Gun club bought a tractor trailer full of clay birds, we also bought lead shot on a per order basis. Those people that ordered lead shot had to be there to pick it up the day the truck was there. We have enough birds to keep us going through the winter and likely into the summer of next year. We sell pallets full of birds to other local not-for profit clubs.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
My local shop has shot at $39/25 lbs. I also have several hundred pounds of bullet shatter that I would sell or swap to a shotmaker in exchange for shot back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts