New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, im new to this site but born and raised in nys (cobleskill) and just joined this site, i have been shooting for about 15 years, im 20 now but i want to get into competition shooting but am having trouble finding info about it. Three gun and such would be fun in the future but what i really enjoy is long range rifle shooting. I am looking for any info for how to get into the sport or whatever. Ive wanted to do it for sometime just dont know how. Any help would be Appreciated, Thanks

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
You're less than an hour from one of the only private 1000 yard ranges east of the mississippi. I'd suggest you look up the schedule of matches at Forbes, and go hang around at one. Check out how it's done, and the type of equipment you'll need to invest in. It's not just as simply as going back to 1000 yards and pulling the trigger.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hey everyone, im new to this site but born and raised in nys (cobleskill) and just joined this site, i have been shooting for about 15 years, im 20 now but i want to get into competition shooting but am having trouble finding info about it. Three gun and such would be fun in the future but what i really enjoy is long range rifle shooting. I am looking for any info for how to get into the sport or whatever. Ive wanted to do it for sometime just dont know how. Any help would be Appreciated, Thanks
There are many different types of long range shooting venues.If you want to compete,It really all comes down to how much money you're willing to spend on the equipment needed.F class would be the least expensive venue for you to participate in,as the Equipment needed is very basic.Find a local match,see if it interests you,and pick some brains while your there.Good Luck and Happy Shooting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.