New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At least once or twice every week I see illegal (non-compliant) guns posted for sale on WAD. I often wonder if it would be rude to call one and politely say "Hey bro, you are about to commit a very well documented felony." ....Do you think these sellers are more often being malicious or just plain negligent?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I see 3 possibilities.

#1 - the gun is compliant - for instance it is preban so it only appears to be non-compliant but is 100% legal.
#2 - the seller is ignorant of the law
#3 - its bait to onvict an unwary buyer who doesn't know he's being entrapped by an unscrupulous law enforcement effort

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
I see 3 possibilities.

#1 - the gun is compliant - for instance it is preban so it only appears to be non-compliant but is 100% legal.
#2 - the seller is ignorant of the law
#3 - its bait to onvict an unwary buyer who doesn't know he's being entrapped by an unscrupulous law enforcement effort
I think # 3 is highly unlikely to be held up in court? And I would hope law enforcement has better things to do with their time.

·
Banned
55 Posts
I think # 3 is highly unlikely to be held up in court? And I would hope law enforcement has better things to do with their time.
To be honest, I would think that is the first thing the po-jiggy would do. They need any excuse to make guns illegal, and by selling illegal guns then arresting, they would blow it out of proportion. No different than an undercover that gets involved in a drug ring, selling drugs to break down an organization.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
To be honest, I would think that is the first thing the po-jiggy would do. They need any excuse to make guns illegal, and by selling illegal guns then arresting, they would blow it out of proportion. No different than an undercover that gets involved in a drug ring, selling drugs to break down an organization.
I see your point but drugs and guns are like apples and arsenic. All illegal drugs are illegal, period, no gray area. Most guns in our area are legal, I think we trust the sellers who usually know what they have but cavaet emptor. Seems like trying to sell one illegal gun to catch one unsuspecting and probably ignorant buyer would be a waste of their time.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
There was one ad in there about 7-8 weeks ago that caught my eye....."AK-47 brand new in box"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts