Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting to look more like Nazi Germany everyday:(
The guy sure doesn't look very threatening to me. I wonder how long they kept the wife(?) sprawled out on the floor.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Starting to look more like Nazi Germany everyday:(
I suggest you talk to some of those who survived the Nazi regime before you make such outlandish comparisons.

·
Registered
7,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I suggest you talk to some of those who survived the Nazi regime before you make such outlandish comparisons.
Um, ya thanks for your usual insightful input. I guess all the accounts and films are only true if you were there.:wacko:

·
Registered
986 Posts
i wonder why the mainstream media didn't pick this up. i looked at that google search and all i found was listings for the tin foil hat media outlets. if it happened as he said, he got got a raw deal. but i would like to hear the other side of the story. why did he not show the warrant? are there crimes he's not telling everybody about? how come there are no comments from any law enforcment officials? why isn't geraldo rivera all over this?

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
The point is that Nazi comparisons are stupid. You are seriously going to say with a straight face that an American police raid makes you think our country looks like Nazi Germany? Give me a friggen break. Since you opted to be a wiseass when someone had the nerve to ask for an unbiased account of the story let me return the favor.

·
Registered
7,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The point is that Nazi comparisons are stupid. You are seriously going to say with a straight face that an American police raid makes you think our country looks like Nazi Germany? Give me a friggen break. Since you opted to be a wiseass when someone had the nerve to ask for an unbiased account of the story let me return the favor.
OK you may be right, comparing them to Nazi's was wrong. I don't believe the Nazi's covered their faces for raids, maybe terrorist is closer. But other then add anything of value to the thread you attempt to kill the messenger as usual. I never heard of Godwin's law before and now that I read it I find it rather stupid.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
OK you may be right, comparing them to Nazi's was wrong. I don't believe the Nazi's covered their faces for raids, maybe terrorist is closer.
So now you think that American LEOs are terrorists? Good to know where you stand.

But other then add anything of value to the thread
It's hard to add value to the tin foil hat rantings of a paranoid.

you attempt to kill the messenger as usual
Do you see the "Super Moderator" title below my name? If I wanted to "kill the messenger" I could have done it with three clicks of my mouse.

I never heard of Godwin's law before
Not surprised; netiquette has never been your strong suit.

and now that I read it I find it rather stupid.
I find your tin foil hat ravings and borderline racist posts about Muslims rather stupid :)

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
No, I would never do that. Was just pointing out the silliness of his claim that I was "killing" the messenger. Apparently in his world I'm killing the messenger if I point out the flaws in the message.

·
Registered
573 Posts
do you see the super moderator title below my name i could have done it with three clicks of my mouse. do what take away someones right to post what they believe?
Because this is a private message board. It is the property of the owner of the site, not the users. They have the right, as owners, to enforce any, and all standards of posting that they see fit to enforce.
If Tim really hated the color blue, he could add it to the censored list, and it would show up as ****. I like the color blue, so we might disagree on that point. If I disliked the censoring of the word "blue" that much, I have the right to start a new sight, "Bluenyfirearms.com" and we could talk all about the color blue till we were all blue in the face..... But don't you dare bring up mauve.... I hate that color.... But it's my site, so I could do what I want.

Your freedom of speech applies to government interaction. It does not trample someone else's property rights, and it does not guarantee you the right to be heard on someone else's dime. Bandwidth isn't free, someone is footing the bill, and they have the right to control what is spread around while they pay it.

Edit: Former mod on a different, barely controlled site involving a different hobby, the above is a stock response, and doesn't reflect the owners of this site in any way.....

·
Registered
398 Posts
Vantrepes Maybe Tim owns this site, I dont know. But once something is placed online it is open to the masses. And freedom of speech applies. I for one have years invested so that the masses can express that right .and belonging to a site that is trying to make sure all are rights on not step on I think Tim should start liking blue.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
But once something is placed online it is open to the masses. And freedom of speech applies.
From a legal standpoint: No.

90% of the content you view online is hosted on privately owned servers, which are treated the same as any private residence or business. You have as much freedom of speech as they allow. You can come into my house and start bad mouthing other races and I can ask you to leave. And if you don't, I can have you removed at your legal peril. The same rules apply for servers.

I was an admin on a site owned by Time Warner and run by a friend of mine. We banned a guy for is ridiculous behavior, but he thought that the 1st Amendment protected his right to come on to a private server and say what he wanted to, even if he was banned. What he learned, to his and his parents dismay, is that there are laws against that, and the FBI can and will show up at your door if you repeatedly violate them.

The 1st Amendment protects you (theoretically) from Federal interference in your right to express yourself, and the 14th amendment extends that protection to state governments as well. That's it. You can't walk into Wal-mart and start screaming whatever you like at the top of your lungs and expect them not to ask you to leave. You can't curse loudly in your office building and expect the 1st amendment to protect you from your boss ****canning you for it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Because this is a private message board. It is the property of the owner of the site, not the users. They have the right, as owners, to enforce any, and all standards of posting that they see fit to enforce.
If Tim really hated the color blue, he could add it to the censored list, and it would show up as ****. I like the color blue, so we might disagree on that point. If I disliked the censoring of the word "blue" that much, I have the right to start a new sight, "Bluenyfirearms.com" and we could talk all about the color blue till we were all blue in the face..... But don't you dare bring up mauve.... I hate that color.... But it's my site, so I could do what I want.

Your freedom of speech applies to government interaction. It does not trample someone else's property rights, and it does not guarantee you the right to be heard on someone else's dime. Bandwidth isn't free, someone is footing the bill, and they have the right to control what is spread around while they pay it.

Edit: Former mod on a different, barely controlled site involving a different hobby, the above is a stock response, and doesn't reflect the owners of this site in any way.....
That's exactly the way forums work. Mods and Admins have the power to edit, delete and outright ban anyone or anything posted. I'm the admin at a small car forum myself. I've had to show a couple people the door.

Oh... and I did censor colors for an April fools joke. It's a long story and you'd have to be there to understand, but it was hilarious.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Vantrepes Maybe Tim owns this site, I dont know.
Good point, Tim might not be the owner, but he was at least appointed by the owner as the owners representative on the board. That grants Tim the power to enforce the owners standards on this site.

But once something is placed online it is open to the masses.
Open to view, but not owned by the masses.

And freedom of speech applies.
Sorry, but it does not. A newspaper is not required to print every Op/Ed letter they receive, nor are they required to print them in full. Once you GIVE your comments to the owner of a site/newspaper/magazine as a submission, they can do with it as they please.

I for one have years invested so that the masses can express that right
You are missing my point. You can SAY what ever you like on the web, I never said anyone should be silenced. I am all for every whack job in the world having their OWN site to express themselves with. I'm all for everyone paying to have pamphlets printed up, and handing them out on street corners, or mailing them to every address in the phone book. That is YOUR right to express yourself. YOU PAY FOR IT. You have no right to demand that others give you a forum to express yourself, because that tramples THEIR rights.
As a site/property owner, your right to free speech does not trample others property rights.
I can't post my leaflet on the front door of your house, then sue when you take it down because you disagree with it.
I can't demand that the newspaper print every letter they receive because they didn't print mine.
I can't hand out a leaflet, then demand that everyone read every sentence that is on it.
I can't walk into an office, and start handing out pamphlets, and disrupting their business.
I can't destroy on others rights to promote my own.
If you want to get your message out, then YOU should do the leg work, and YOU should pay the bills to do it.
Just because you have a freedom, that doesn't mean that others have to pay for you to use it

.and belonging to a site that is trying to make sure all are rights on not step on
What about property rights? You seem to be willing to throw those under the buss to promote a perceived right to make others listen to someones speech. If YOU want to get YOUR message out, then buy a server (the actual machine), pay the bill to have it online, and post what ever the hell you want. Then NO ONE can tell YOU to take it down, because it will be YOUR property.

I think Tim should start liking blue.
I think that is the crux of the problem. You think you know what Tim should do. I think Tim is a free man, as are you and I. Tim can like any color he wants, even mauve, and neither me, nor you don't have a damn thing to say about it.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I was born and grew up in Soviet Union, so I do know how bad the **** stinks and it is getting smelly over here.

·
Registered
7,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So now you think that American LEOs are terrorists? Good to know where you stand.
Way to read between the lines......well done:rolleyes:

It's hard to add value to the tin foil hat rantings of a paranoid.
So why not offer a POV instead of a personal attack?

Do you see the "Super Moderator" title below my name? If I wanted to "kill the messenger" I could have done it with three clicks of my mouse.
I saw that the day you got it..:eek:oh:...wow.......click away. I've brought more discussion here by far then you.

Not surprised; netiquette has never been your strong suit.
Never's a long time. Glad you keep up on history

I find your tin foil hat ravings and borderline racist posts about Muslims rather stupid :)
I don't fear them. I believe I know what their feelings towards me are, you should too. Believe what you want, do what you want. You lean way to the left my friend I hope with age comes wisdom for you.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
This thread has gotten grossly off-topic. I'm closing it in the interests of maintaining decorum, unless someone can provide a compelling reason to keep it open.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.