1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
I kill deer... and I like it
1,336 Posts
If someone walks out into traffic and gets killed because they are too focused on their text messaging then they deserve the outcome. No need to start ticketing everyone for what a few idiots have done. But that's the way government works.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
If someone walks out into traffic and gets killed because they are too focused on their text messaging then they deserve the outcome. No need to start ticketing everyone for what a few idiots have done. But that's the way government works.
Now way. They should sue the driver of the car, the cell phone maker, service provider and town.

·
I proposed in my NYFirearms.com t-shirt
1,647 Posts
i almost creamed someone the other day. walked right out in front me and never even looked in the direction of oncoming traffic.

they weren't looking at their phone, they were scratching off a lottery ticket.. better ban those too!

but i come close to running someone over several times a week. most of the time they see you coming and still walk out in front you,
this time was just crazy because this individual didn't even bother to look up.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Ah yes, another law to protect YOU from YOURSELF. The kind I hate most. Seatbelts, helmets, texting and walking, all things you no longer have a choice with in this great "free country".

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh I understand the jaywalking tickets if some dim-witt was to meander into traffic and cause a driver to swerve or stop short to avoid hitting a pedestrian who is too involved with texting his girlfriend, but if this was how the law was meant to be enforced it isn't, 99% of these tickets are to people on the sidewalk not even thinking about crossing the streets.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
when every state in the union is broke, leave to the politicans to come up with revenue in some fashion.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Interesting. I really dislike laws that get in our way and protect us from ourselves, but there is the other side to this one. The drivers are being protected from having to fill out accident reports and waiting for the law to show up and take statements, and maybe some people would even feel bad about it later, so this saves bad feelings also:eek:.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Just another money grab, nothing more. Got news for some of you, the state does not care one bit about your health and well being, they only care about your wallet.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Interesting. I really dislike laws that get in our way and protect us from ourselves, but there is the other side to this one. The drivers are being protected from having to fill out accident reports and waiting for the law to show up and take statements, and maybe some people would even feel bad about it later, so this saves bad feelings also:eek:.
This would be true if they only issued these tickets to people crossing the street while wandering around like a zombie texting, but as I said alot of these tickets are just people walking down the sidewalk, I think it is a money grab too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts