New York Firearms Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'm willing to help. Im not local (Brooklyn) but I do have a cottage on Cold Spring road that I use when its warmer. Itd be nice to have an accessible range. I'll help with what i can
Pipewrench hasn't logged in for a long time. Have you been up there lately? Is the no target shooting sign still up?

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
No movement on this? I am dying for this place to re-open as finding somewhere else to shoot can be very problematic. Signs are still up as of this past weekend. I've half a mind do just go down with my trailer and start hauling junk out my dam self!!!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have been reading this thread with much interest and hope for the changes we would like to see. It appears Pipewrench has not posted since July 19, 2012, which has me guessing his efforts failed to get the results we were seeking. Has anyone heard of any recent developments coming from the proposal he made?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok so heres the deal. I am worknig on a proposal for the DEC and want to hand them a list of volunteers who will help with the initial clean up and follow ups afterward.

I'm not asking everyone to come everytime. What we need is a pool to pull from for clean ups 3-4 times a year. I willask for everyone to pitch in for the first one.
I have a scrap metal guy already lined up to haul away the metal and he will take other stuff that will add weight to his load.
The idea is to show the DEC that we can and will, clean up the area. I want to convince them to throw in a few signs showing that a TNUSA sponsored crew has made the reopening possible by cleaning up after the slobs. Maybe not in those words but you get the idea....
I know that the Adopt a highway program has signs. so maybe they have them for the AANR (adopt a natural resource) stewardship program which we are also applying for...

Whos in!????
I'm available. I went there a couple of weeks ago and it was great. I talked to the local ranger by phone and he said the only thing that would close it is if it got too junky. Let me know when you are going and I will meet you there. I can take a few contractor bags of debris out also.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I don't know where this is...but if I'm available for the next clean up, let me know! I'd love to help & support. (I just have a really tight schedule)

·
Registered
222 Posts
I will make myself available for any clean up, I live fairly close to the location in question, organizers, please PM me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm available. I went there a couple of weeks ago and it was great. I talked to the local ranger by phone and he said the only thing that would close it is if it got too junky. Let me know when you are going and I will meet you there. I can take a few contractor bags of debris out also.
Is the range open now Rockhead?

If not, I can help with the clean up.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
I was out there a week ago, drove by and the "No Target Shooting" signs were still in place.. Am I Missing something??

I would VERY much like to see this place re-opened to target shooting simply because, there is no place else locally!!! Unless you know someone with property, you are SOL. And I mean christ, Its farm country up here!

If it is open to target shooting again, I will be out there Next Sunday with some rifles and my trailer, contractor bags, rake and shovel.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
I don't know where this is...but if I'm available for the next clean up, let me know! I'd love to help & support. (I just have a really tight schedule)
This location is about 7-10 minutes outside of Monticello. Towards the end of Cold Spring Rd/St. John Street

I've been considering looking into the Wolf Brook Multiple Use Area for target shooting, because its one of the only "State Forest/MUA"'s around here.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Rockhead, are the signs gone saying that it is closed to target shooting?

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
I will be by this area tomorrow and will update tomorrow night. As of 2 weeks ago the signs were still up, I HIGHLY doubt they are magically gone. *crosses fingers**

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Signs are still up! I was going to stop and take a pic but ehh.

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
Since there hasn't been any action on this in a long time, I'm going to de-sticky it.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts