New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Uberbi.. nah, I can't do it.
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the meeting at the Metropolitan Club in NYC, and met some nice people. Took a bunch of postcards to hand out, and will be making calls from the club every Wednesday while the kids are at CCD. The interesting part was handing out cards on the corner.

It takes a looooong time to get people to take even fifty cards. I was there for about an hour. Of those that took the cards, only about a quarter of them seemed truly interested. Most seemed to take them just because. One of the guys who took one looked at it, noticed that Rob is a Republican, and told me I was in the wrong neighborhood, lol. Another took a card, then proceeded to grill me over why I thought Rob was better than Cuomo. One other guy talked to me for a good fifteen minutes, and at the end, said he would vote for Rob. That felt amazing - to have, at the very least - gotten one vote to replace my own, made the time out there in the heat and humidity worth it.

The funny part was that the last guy was willing to consider the vote initially, but what swayed him into the yes column was this. He asked me about my personal opinion of Rob, and I was telling him about the spoof video that was done for the NY Press dinner. Never underestimate the power of laughter!

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Beats the hell out of my Post - It - Note rebel campaign plan.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Beats the hell out of my Post - It - Note rebel campaign plan.
Actual var..Rob liked that when i told him,i sent him the pic of it on the gas station pump lol..its out of the box thinking my man.

and swill..awesome bein in the front line..very appreciated..true effort beats the...im running away FUNY quitin types..

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
They let women in the Metropolitan Club now... /jk

Used to go there as a kid with my dad. They always had to give me some shoes and a tie, lol...

Awesome job volunteering!

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Actual var..Rob liked that when i told him,i sent him the pic of it on the gas station pump lol..its out of the box thinking my man.

and swill..awesome bein in the front line..very appreciated..true effort beats the...im running away FUNY quitin types..
I'm hoping for a pack of Post-It-Notes from Astorino's office when he's gov.

·
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm hoping for a pack of Post-It-Notes from Astorino's office when he's gov.
I love your Post-It idea, and they had Astorino Post-It notes today. I'll send you these, and pick up some more on Wednesday when I go in, if you want to PM your address.

·
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Well, I am still trying to run away, but will never stop fighting. That's why I supported the two recall elections in CO - as did many others on here.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
I love your Post-It idea, and they had Astorino Post-It notes today. I'll send you these, and pick up some more on Wednesday when I go in, if you want to PM your address.
LOL PM sent.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I went to the meeting at the Metropolitan Club in NYC, and met some nice people. Took a bunch of postcards to hand out, and will be making calls from the club every Wednesday while the kids are at CCD. The interesting part was handing out cards on the corner.
Thanks for signing up..I did the same thing Friday in Plattsburgh I HOPE EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM JUMPS IN! If you aren't sure about making the phone calls just drop by one of the phone banks meet the people and see how it works.
What's nice about being around the Astorino folks is that the environment is 100% positive all the time!

The Astorino/Moss commercials will be picking up this coming week after the primaries. If you want komo gone..get off your butts and walk the walk. We can do this...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts