New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was there camping in the Burlington area. Visited a few gun shops. We got a few snickers and some pity when we said we were from New York. Friendly shops, more than happy to let us look and play. Asked about any public ranges in the area - none, all member's only types of places. Interestingly enough, didn't see anyone open-carrying - but then again we were in the crunchy granola hippie Burlington area. But was nice to experience some 2A freedom.

· Registered
418 Posts
Give it a couple of months and go back. You can't walk into a gas station with out 5 people walking around with pistols. I have friends in Vermont and they laugh at me all the time for living here. However, I can bring my pistols there with out any issues but they can't bring there's here, lol. You didn't stop in to the Powder Horn by chance, did you?

· Registered
4,955 Posts
Great skiing/snowboarding up there. Been snowboarding at Stowe many times over the years, definitely enjoy visiting Vermont whenever I get the chance.

· Registered
48 Posts
Yeah. There use to be a nice little gun shop in Bennington that I got an SKS at for cheap. Back in the early days of the Clinton administration when SKS and cheap Russian steel case ammo was pouring in. And well before I heard Townsend Whelen's famous line "only accuate rifles are interesting."

· Registered
199 Posts
My wife and I went to VT and NH for our honeymoon. I found some great deals on preban AR and AK mags up there. We also stopped at a gun show in VT. The vendors were very helpful even after they found out I was from NY and would not be buying anything.

· Registered
62 Posts
I apologize for bringing up an old thread, but I had to throw my support in for The Powderhorn. It can be slightly intimidating due the bunker feeling of the place, but it truly is the best shop in VT.
That was my main haunt when I lived across the lake.
JP

· Registered
232 Posts
vermont is awesome. i have a cottage on lake champlain, about 45 min from burlington. ive been going there since i was born and will continue every year until i die. i visit the shops up there and they are always nice and let me play with all the guns we cant have in this **** state. when i retire im moving there and gonna open carry every day!

· Registered
5,425 Posts
I was really thinking of moving to Vermont because my friend showed me a list of all the gun laws in all the states, Vermont has almost none at all lol, I would love that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.