New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
[Video] Brave Neighbor Stops Home Invasion By Shooting 1 Suspect and Holding Another at Gunpoint

"When Robbins arrived at the home, which is owned by his aunt and uncle, he encountered two suspects breaking into the home, Jimmy Walker and Justin Blair.

Robbins ordered the men on the ground at gunpoint to wait on police, however, police response took over an hour and during the wait Walker attacked him and forced Robbins to shoot him once in the stomach.

Blair was held at gunpoint until police arrived."

This man called police, told him he was holding two suspects at gunpoint, and it still took them an hour to get there. In the meantime, the hero was forced to shoot a suspect...

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
More than an hour for police to come. That's just unacceptable.
What if there was a snow storm, and they nearest police officer was sixty miles away? It is not uncommon in some rural counties in other states for there to be only one or two deputy sheriffs on patrol for large swaths of area.

The sobering thing is, even 7 minutes will feel like a lifetime. You (me, we) need to understand where we are, what external resources are available, how far away LE is, and have a plan for that.

Disclaimer: Nothing I have posted above is in any way a reflection of my personal opinion!

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
The saying goes you "Seconds count when law enforcement is minutes away"
Waiting an hour must of seamed like a day holding two pieces of **** at gun point until the law man could get there.
This is another reason to carry at home, Home invasions happen every day in every state of the Union. If you are not prepared to take action when action is needed you might be **** out of luck.

·
Registered
984 Posts
ok, now take the same story and circumstances but change the state from WV to NY. What do you think would have happened to Robbins then?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
One hour response time. That's what every single voting person in the country needs to know. Not faulting LEO's they can't be everywhere at once, something else that every person needs to wake up and realize.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Try this: go home tonight and pick up your home defense weapon of choice. Drop the mag, check the tube, clear it. Now... mount it as if you're pointing it at a bad guy. Stand there, ready to shoot. Do this for a measly 5 minutes. Not easy, right?

Training must be part of any home defense plan. There are no shortcuts.

Fortunately I know I'm preaching to the choir here. Thank goodness there are still a bunch of like-minded "extremists" out there for me to commiserate with.

·
Registered
891 Posts
ok, now take the same story and circumstances but change the state from WV to NY. What do you think would have happened to Robbins then?
In liberal thinking? Robbins took the law into his own hands by responding to the burglar alarm instead of letting the police handle it (which I guess in this case would have been filling out a report an hours after the home was cleaned out) and then he executed an unarmed child. His life wasn't in jeopardy. He went there with the intention of shooting someone. Clear case of murder.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.