New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By definition, the SSAR-15 and our other products are not adjustable stocks or trigger manipulation devices. Slide Fire™ products have been approved by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) and we provide a copy of the approval letter on our website www.slidefire.com to any interested individual. Slide Fire ™ has not been notified by any individual state that our products conflict with any state laws.

We would like to provide a link from the National Rifle Association (NRA) to empower our prospective customers to know the current firearm laws for any state. Please visit www.nraila.org/gunlaws/ to learn more or contact your State Department of Justice. Ultimately, it is the responsibility of the consumer to know the current laws and regulations of their state.

· Registered
3,865 Posts
Is it NY legal
So far, no one has been charged with anything for having one. But it has been mentioned somewhere that the stocks slide motion could be called telescoping, ( I disagree with that) in which case it would fall under the ban. A decent lawyer should be able to win that for you, if you can afford one. That magazine is definitley a no no, but I think you were just talking about bump firing, right?

· Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So far, no one has been charged with anything for having one. But it has been mentioned somewhere that the stocks slide motion could be called telescoping, ( I disagree with that) in which case it would fall under the ban. A decent lawyer should be able to win that for you, if you can afford one. That magazine is definitley a no no, but I think you were just talking about bump firing, right?
Yes, I thought the concept was pretty neat

· Registered
2,534 Posts
Looks like fun. It would be nice if it could be locked into a fixed position.
When I looked at it about a year ago it could be fixed in one position.
That's what the odd bit is on the bottom of the stock in the vicinty where a carbine latch lever would be located.

Or did knussack cover that in his video link that I decided I didn't want to click on?
:)

· Banned
23,190 Posts
Yes, it could be a waste of ammo if used a lot.... but it would be nice to shoot an automatic weapon again or a least one that simulates one (it's still one pull one shot)
Yeah, a LOT of people get defensive for some reason with these slide fire stocks. From "I'd never put that on my defensive gun" to "there goes all that ammo and money!", as if you were taking the money from their wallet. Whatever happened to doing it for "sh*ts and giggles?" Ten .22 rounds must set you back at least $.20. :/

· Banned
11,402 Posts
Yes, it could be a waste of ammo if used a lot.... but it would be nice to shoot an automatic weapon again or a least one that simulates one (it's still one pull one shot)
Bump fire and accuracy are two concepts that pull away in opposite directions. Spraying targets with holes at close range is not my thing though but if someone likes it then go ahead and have fun. No doubt it could be fun for a day of plinkin but those stocks are expensive too, I think.

· Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes it is expensive for the stock but have you seen all the expensive Erector set, Lego set, transformers tacticool garbage and stickers you can put on the AR? Now that does nothing for performance.

The AR platform building has turned into bubble gum and baseball cards.

· Banned
23,190 Posts
Yes it is expensive for the stock but have you seen all the expensive Erector set, Lego set, transformers tacticool garbage and stickers you can put on the AR? Now that does nothing for performance.

The AR platform building has turned into bubble gum and baseball cards.
If people want that let them have it. Painting a car red does nothing for the performance either, but we don't all drive around in gray cars. :)

· Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes, you're right...if the consumer demands it you sell it, but I just can not wrap my mind around all the stickers and junk put on these rifles they are not toys they are instruments of war, self defense and shooting sports not Transformers.

· Registered
813 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.