New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
1,841 Posts
Knowing that there was some covert storage there, I was figuring there was probably a compartment in the middle that slid out. The other dozen handguns, half dozen long guns, Uzi, magazines, two dozen knives, few hundred rounds of ammo, and everything else came as a surprise to me. And it's pretty nice looking as a shelf, too. May just have to put one or two of those on the prospectus.

· Registered
8,557 Posts
pretty cool stuff.

· Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Knowing that there was some covert storage there, I was figuring there was probably a compartment in the middle that slid out. The other dozen handguns, half dozen long guns, Uzi, magazines, two dozen knives, few hundred rounds of ammo, and everything else came as a surprise to me. And it's pretty nice looking as a shelf, too. May just have to put one or two of those on the prospectus.
Get yer checkbook out...starting price is $3500

· Registered
13,297 Posts
With the investment in guns shown in that video, you'd be foolish not to have a gun safe. What happens when they knock over the wall unit to see if anything is behind it? How about a fire?

That said, it's a new twist on a very old concept. Furniture builders have been building hidden compartments into things (esp. rolltop desks) for centuries... It is pretty cool. I just would never store guns that way.

· Registered
1,841 Posts
That's quite nice. I had something in mind for a basement pantry that'd conceal a heavy door to a safe room for storing most of the guns. I think a few concealed guns around the house would be a good idea, too, but that's just me.

· Registered
3,865 Posts
I doubt that even 10% of common thieves are smart enough to check gun boards for tips on how guns are hidden. It takes away from XBox time.

· Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For $3500 I would expect significantly better fit and finish. Judging from the video the drawers open like a piece of furniture from walmart.
LOL

Can you build anything like that? Do you know anyone that can? There's a lot of work and ingenuity there and I'll bet he sells boatloads of them. That's Cherry and I'll bet there's $1000 in lumber there alone.

· Registered
133 Posts
The most important part of the whole piece is the drawers and cupboards,the whole premise revolves around them. For $3500 I would expect that those components would open and close flawlessly and smoothly. It seems that in building something like this one would want to put the proper hardware quality in place to execute the premise of the idea. This should be the simplest part of the construction. It would be like restoring a '69 Chevelle SS and putting a four cylinder under the hood.

· Registered
109 Posts
He talks about how he had people who had entire safes stolen. If you have a safe that isn't bolted down firmly, you failed. If someone throws that bookcase forward, all of the cute 5 dollar locks will pop and guns and ammo will spill out.

Do you honestly think thiefs who walk off with gun safes don't by chance like guns? Sure some are meth heads, but some have youtube. Every board from arfcom, yellowbullet and i'm sure facebook have this video.

I much perfer a safe a thief can look at and still can't do a damn thing about. They can take my tv and 10 year old PC, the guns are staying. I can buy one hell of a fire resistant, well build, much larger Sturdy brand safe for 3,500.

But I love the designers creativity. Its a very nice idea, its just not something I'm hiding important documents or my guns in.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.