New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016
5,474 Posts
Chevez's government is probably doing a great deal of the gun violence and murders itself, thus "justifying" this move. What better way to ensure your dictatorship. Disarm the citizens, kill off your enemies. (I.E. anyone daring to speak out against him.)

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Chevez's government is probably doing a great deal of the gun violence and murders itself, thus "justifying" this move. What better way to ensure your dictatorship. Disarm the citizens, kill off your enemies. (I.E. anyone daring to speak out against him.)
Kinda reminds me of here.....

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Kinda reminds me of here.....
Yeah, cause not having that uber-important bayo lug, absolutely-necessary collapsible stock, & a magazine made after 1994 w/ 30+ rounds in it are definite similarities to an outright ban on all guns by private citizen LOL

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Yeah, cause not having that uber-important bayo lug, absolutely-necessary collapsible stock, & a magazine made after 1994 w/ 30+ rounds in it are definite similarities to an outright ban on all guns by private citizen LOL
Do you enjoy having your rights infringed apon...Well I dont!!!! IT's the start of the same thing!!!!!

It must be OK to be forced to pay rediculous amounts of $$$ for preban stuff everyone else can have!

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Yeah man. And while we are at it...nobody really NEEDS one hand opening knives. And you know what? Pepper spray is dumb too, no need to be carrying that. And smoking is a health concern, so I say we ban that in public too. And hell, obesity is a problem too, let's, I don't know, ban drinks over, say, 16oz.

-But I digress, that would never happen in any city in America. Silly me for being so hypothetical!

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
Yeah man. And while we are at it...nobody really NEEDS one hand opening knives. And you know what? Pepper spray is dumb too, no need to be carrying that. And smoking is a health concern, so I say we ban that in public too. And hell, obesity is a problem too, let's, I don't know, ban drinks over, say, 16oz.

-But I digress, that would never happen in any city in America. Silly me for being so hypothetical!
You hit the head right on the nail!:p

James

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Do you enjoy having your rights infringed apon...Well I dont!!!! IT's the start of the same thing!!!!!

It must be OK to be forced to pay rediculous amounts of $$$ for preban stuff everyone else can have!
NOTHING has changed as far as "gun infringement rights" in almost 20 fuggin years man. Hell, in 94 when the ban came down, you were only 12... WTF do you know about having "your rights" infringed upon? Give me a break, seriously

You are trying to compare the actions of a Country in the sh1tter to a single state in a union of 50

If you don't like paying preban prices, then move out of NY.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts

You shouldn't have posted in the first place as your argument holds no validation. You are trying to compare accessories to a rifle THAT MAKE NO DIFFERENCE ON IT'S ABILITIES TO SHOOT to blanket statements about other items. I could understand your comparison if lets say you were talking about modifying a knife to come out faster, or perhaps pepper spray that shot a longer stream or wider... but you aren't

It's not about any rights infringement... it's about a bunch of you keyboard commandos that talk sh1t all day about how this state stinks, yet you do nothing about it, create controversy over blanket statements of opinion, not fact, just to argue your "need" for glamorized accessories

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
You shouldn't have posted in the first place as your argument holds no validation. You are trying to compare accessories to a rifle THAT MAKE NO DIFFERENCE ON IT'S ABILITIES TO SHOOT to blanket statements about other items. I could understand your comparison if lets say you were talking about modifying a knife to come out faster, or perhaps pepper spray that shot a longer stream or wider... but you aren't

It's not about any rights infringement... it's about a bunch of you keyboard commandos that talk sh1t all day about how this state stinks, yet you do nothing about it, create controversy over blanket statements of opinion, not fact, just to argue your "need" for glamorized accessories
You're missing the point. This is how the slowly start banning our rights. Let me give you two examples. California has approved gun list of what guns you can and cant have. In New Jersey, you could not own jacketed hollow point ammunition which I think you can now. If we keep ignoring these little steps they take, next you know we are only allowed to own 22 caliber rimfire firearms. Heck Chicago banned handguns! They had to fight for many years to get that changed. NYC MAKES you register ALL of your firearms and get a PERMIT! So those are FACTS and if you choose to ignore them, then you are the one who need to think about your rights. When and if NY state bans pre-ban magazines like the one in your avatar, I bet you will be singing a different tune.

James

G

·
Some may argue that private ownership of firearms is being eliminated by way of incrementalism.

Incrementalism refers to the method of change by which many small policy changes are enacted over time in order to create a larger broad based policy change.

A series of small steps toward an agenda would be less likely to be questioned than a large and swift change.

A sweeping ban on firearms today could possibly result in a revolution. However if the ban is enacted incrementally over 100-years it is unlikely that many would violently protest.

Those opposing this incremental method of banning guns are regularly demonized for opposition to such small and reasonable encroachments and minor infringements for the sake of the children, public safety, etc.

As one frog said to the other, “Hey is it getting hot in here?”

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
You're missing the point. This is how the slowly start banning our rights. Let me give you two examples. California has approved gun list of what guns you can and cant have. In New Jersey, you could not own jacketed hollow point ammunition which I think you can now. If we keep ignoring these little steps they take, next you know we are only allowed to own 22 caliber rimfire firearms. Heck Chicago banned handguns! They had to fight for many years to get that changed. NYC MAKES you register ALL of your firearms and get a PERMIT! So those are FACTS and if you choose to ignore them, then you are the one who need to think about your rights. When and if NY state bans pre-ban magazines like the one in your avatar, I bet you will be singing a different tune.

James
If it's gotta go, I guess it's gotta go. Sure I would do what I could to prevent that from happening, but I think you guys are the ones missing out on the original point of my comment, so allow me to explain my thought process as maybe I am the one that is wrong.

Wildman is associating the idea of disarming an entire country of all guns to the fact that NYS says you can't have a bayonet lug, suppressor & collapsible stock, and I just don't see the connection. Having some cosmetic elements on your rifle (granted the suppressor does have it's value) does not remove the fact that you are still an armed citizen.

Venezuela is a second world country at best, has a different set of laws and rules that it was founded on as compared with the USA, and therefore, things are handled differently down there. Again, there is no correlation to a civil law country & the US. Furthermore, while the US has (pending sources) an almost identical murder rate (around 18,000/year) Venezuela is twice the size of California w/ 23 million people living there... It seems a lil tight, and while i'm not justifying the actions, I do understand the generalized idea... they just need to come up with a better solution. Crime is a lot different down there and perhaps they need a better way to control guns as opposed to an all out ban

An all out ban would never happen in this country... I know a lot of people on forums across the US are a bunch of internet-toughguys, but i'm willing to bet if it REALLY came down to it, EVERY gun owner would stand up for their rights and make it impossible for such a thing to take place

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts

Yes, statements like "You argument holds no validation" and "You are a keyboard commando" greatly proves me wrong.

In other news, how long before a semi-auto lower is a "glamorized accessory"? How about a magazine?

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Ofcourse they are simmilar... Thats how disarmement starts. Little by little you annot have this and you cannot have that or this mag is to big. Next thing you know your not allowed to have any guns at all. As far as im concerned those laws sayin i cannot have this or that are All infringing on my rights.

If the geustapo comes knocking on my door looking for my guns ill tell ya 1 thing. Atleast one of those guys will be leaving in a body bag along with me. If you dont feel this way about your rights then you are tbe one who should be moving. I hear venizuela is pretty nice!!!

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
If it's gotta go, I guess it's gotta go. Sure I would do what I could to prevent that from happening, but I think you guys are the ones missing out on the original point of my comment, so allow me to explain my thought process as maybe I am the one that is wrong.

Wildman is associating the idea of disarming an entire country of all guns to the fact that NYS says you can't have a bayonet lug, suppressor & collapsible stock, and I just don't see the connection. Having some cosmetic elements on your rifle (granted the suppressor does have it's value) does not remove the fact that you are still an armed citizen.

Venezuela is a second world country at best, has a different set of laws and rules that it was founded on as compared with the USA, and therefore, things are handled differently down there. Again, there is no correlation to a civil law country & the US. Furthermore, while the US has (pending sources) an almost identical murder rate (around 18,000/year) Venezuela is twice the size of California w/ 23 million people living there... It seems a lil tight, and while i'm not justifying the actions, I do understand the generalized idea... they just need to come up with a better solution. Crime is a lot different down there and perhaps they need a better way to control guns as opposed to an all out ban

An all out ban would never happen in this country... I know a lot of people on forums across the US are a bunch of internet-toughguys, but i'm willing to bet if it REALLY came down to it, EVERY gun owner would stand up for their rights and make it impossible for such a thing to take place
Ok now imagine this, BAN ALL SEMI-AUTO FIREARMS IN NY! If it's gotta go, I guess it's gotta go. I do agree with you on the total gun ban, I do not think it will happen but they will make it very hard on us and costly. Is this what you want? Yeah you still can own a bolt action, revolver and pumps so you can still arm yourself, no biggie.

James

1 - 20 of 30 Posts