New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seems like everyone is selling b4 it goes much lower. If i didnt have a feeing it was going to stay high i might buy but i have a feeling we will be seeing $20-$18 an Oz

·
Registered
672 Posts
seems like everyone is selling b4 it goes much lower. If i didnt have a feeing it was going to stay high i might buy but i have a feeling we will be seeing $20-$18 an Oz
What gives you that idea? ;)

Don't count the support out till it's proven to become resistance. That said...I wouldn't load up heavy because silver is in a descending triangle formation...momentum has been to the downside basically.

Added---
1964 Kennedy Silver Half Dollar Melt Value - Coinflation
FWIW...the premium being asked here is pretty reasonable. GLWS

·
Registered
104 Posts
Silver has been pretty steady at around $28 for months...if anything, I put my money on it going back towards $40 rather than down towards $20

What gives you that idea? ;)

Don't count the support out till it's proven to become resistance. That said...I wouldn't load up heavy because silver is in a descending triangle formation...momentum has been to the downside basically.

Added---
1964 Kennedy Silver Half Dollar Melt Value - Coinflation
FWIW...the premium being asked here is pretty reasonable. GLWS

·
Registered
672 Posts
Silver has been pretty steady at around $28 for months...if anything, I put my money on it going back towards $40 rather than down towards $20
Based on what? Curious what you're seeing/looking at.

I see we're at macro trend support. We're also at (or a smidge below) the horizontal level that the bulls have defended several times. The more tests, the more likely a breakdown takes place...those are the statistics. That said and even considering the micro trend being bearish I would NOT short/sell silver at this price. To be honest I'm shocked so many guys are selling their silver, makes me wonder if we see the max pain theory I see all the time in the markets. ;)

Basically nothing's really changed since my older chart from 5/9/2012. One thing I am almost positive on is that we see a break up or down...volatility has been contracting for months and that won't last forever. One side will be wrong and the other side will be right. :)

Added---
The charts are scaled different which is why they look slightly different. After the trend broke down on the log scale I shifted gears because the chart seems to be respecting support better as the top pic shows.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Please keep the general discussion out of user's For Sale theads folks. I've moved the discussion here to the off topic section.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Please keep the general discussion out of user's For Sale theads folks. I've moved the discussion here to the off topic section.
Not trying to be a d!ck or challenge things. I just think my 1st post was within reason and was to help the seller out and by showing he was not gouging like many metal sellers do. The rest was a bit advanced and could be seen as OT for sure, sorry about that.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Not trying to be a d!ck or challenge things. I just think my 1st post was within reason and was to help the seller out and by showing he was not gouging like many metal sellers do. The rest was a bit advanced and could be seen as OT for sure, sorry about that.
Just keeping continuity. Helpful or not, if I had moved every other post other than your first.. neither thread would make much sense.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Just keeping continuity. Helpful or not, if I had moved every other post other than your first.. neither thread would make much sense.
I follow you and thanks for the PM & reply. Sorry for going OT and making more work for ya.
TBH I have a feeling my charts don't make much sense to most the population. ;)

Gnite

·
Registered
672 Posts
I was just commenting on how shocked I was that people were selling at support. That's a trading/investing no no, unless they have insider info or are desperate I suppose.

If your strategy is long term physical holdings because you expect the US Dollar to collapse and silver to be the savior you shouldn't heavily focus on the price in US Dollars. If you're a stacker you should focus on constant smaller purchases and building up your stack.

I personally believe diversity is the key when in uncertain times. The government could confiscate or fix the price of metals, they've done it before. Don't put all your eggs in any 1 basket and spread your money around.

JMHO of course.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I am sort of a silver watcher, have been for a long time. There is always talk of silver being undervalued in relation to gold and to the fundamentals.
I agree with those who say silver will one day go "to da moon". Personally I feel it will be soon, due to the increasing use of silver in developing nations and the continued increase of the electronic and medical equipment markets where silver is used extensively. There is only so much of the stuff in the ground. A good chart has already been posted on this thread. Here is another which also gives full stochastics, RSI and MACD scales.

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$SILVER&p=D&yr=1&mn=6&dy=0&id=p61069495342

I did most of my buying around $15-$17, and feel that was a very low value for silver. I personally feel that within a year's time you will see a slow but steady move towards "da moon". Some experts think silver is still being manipulated by the big boys, but that should end when the fundamentals begin to drive the market moreso than now. Watch for silver to hit $500 or more. Yeah, no kidding. Just MHO

·
Registered
672 Posts
I am sort of a silver watcher, have been for a long time. There is always talk of silver being undervalued in relation to gold and to the fundamentals.
I agree with those who say silver will one day go "to da moon". Personally I feel it will be soon, due to the increasing use of silver in developing nations and the continued increase of the electronic and medical equipment markets where silver is used extensively. There is only so much of the stuff in the ground. A good chart has already been posted on this thread. Here is another which also gives full stochastics, RSI and MACD scales.

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$SILVER&p=D&yr=1&mn=6&dy=0&id=p61069495342

I did most of my buying around $15-$17, and feel that was a very low value for silver. I personally feel that within a year's time you will see a slow but steady move towards "da moon". Some experts think silver is still being manipulated by the big boys, but that should end when the fundamentals begin to drive the market moreso than now. Watch for silver to hit $500 or more. Yeah, no kidding. Just MHO
People should be asking...if silver was to hit $500, or even $100, what might selling there buy me in terms of other goods? More directly, can one expect their profit/gains to exceed the damage inflation will have caused to their spending power? You simply can't have $500 silver without a TON more USD floating around, therefore less spending power via massive inflation...that's just how the game works.

I can't understand why most stackers (not directed at you) are betting on the demise of the USD, yet they keep score in the very currency they expect to crumble. Silver is pegged to the USD so of course your purchase price will be in USD but one stacking for the right reasons shouldn't be keeping score in anything but ounces IMO.

Nice to see another chart in here. No doubt you picked up on the divergence at support. :)

·
Registered
672 Posts
Is there anyplace that sells silver at current prices,or am I invisible LOL?
Define "current prices".

If by "current" you mean can you buy at spot...NO. Not unless you find someone dumb or desperate.
Buying metals will involve paying a "premium" above spot. Your job is to find the best deal at what you think is the safest price point.
It's basic investment principle...a profitable outcome is actually secured when you BUY, not when you sell.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
Define "current prices".

If by "current" you mean can you buy at spot...NO. Not unless you find someone dumb or desperate.
Buying metals will involve paying a "premium" above spot. Your job is to find the best deal at what you think is the safest price point.
It's basic investment principle...a profitable outcome is actually secured when you BUY, not when you sell.
Yea I was checking out a few videos today on how to buy gold/silver on CNN and they go through a reputable broker.Thats out of my league,thought maybe there was like a store that sells it but I guess not.Maybe a pawn store but you will probably get raked-over doing that!

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
Based on absolutely nothing concrete I think silver prices are going to spike soon then go back down within a few months probably after going up. recently I have been seeing more advertisements for silver on T.V. and radio. Maybe its because I am cynical but I think silver will be just like gold. Since they are advertising it heavily more people are going to get into the market which will increase the value of silver. I also think that these companies selling it are trying to raise the value so make more money off of it. But just like gold the value is going to get higher then what its really worth and some people are going to finally give in and buy at its peak then lose a bunch of money when the price comes back down to what its really worth.

I am no expert but thats just I see happening.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
People should be asking...if silver was to hit $500, or even $100, what might selling there buy me in terms of other goods? More directly, can one expect their profit/gains to exceed the damage inflation will have caused to their spending power? You simply can't have $500 silver without a TON more USD floating around, therefore less spending power via massive inflation...that's just how the game works.

I can't understand why most stackers (not directed at you) are betting on the demise of the USD, yet they keep score in the very currency they expect to crumble. Silver is pegged to the USD so of course your purchase price will be in USD but one stacking for the right reasons shouldn't be keeping score in anything but ounces IMO.

Nice to see another chart in here. No doubt you picked up on the divergence at support. :)
Actually I agree with you in that if one bases his convictions on rising silver due to a falling dollar, then that investor is in for a surprise because his "increase" is nothing more than a reflection of inflation, and , therefore buying power. However you did not hear me say "devalued dollar" because I feel the value of the dollar in the case of silver is only secondary. Gold is a better measure in that scenario, however, silver's value in the future will be based not on a devalued dollar but on increasingly important fundamentals, such as industrial demand and sheer consumer population increase, such as we are seeing in developing nations. Extreme demand is a strong fundamental factor, especially when silver is becoming harder and harder to extract. I am not an expert, but I follow the experts and there is a consensus pointing to fundamentals, not a devalued dollar, in support of the rise in silver. Gold is different in this respect, having less to do with fundamentals than being connected to the dollar as a "store of value". I feel someday silver will be right up there with gold. Also keep an eye on copper. Just MHO

·
Registered
672 Posts
I surely agree silver has more fundamental value than gold, no doubt. The downside to silver IMO is it's low price. Even at $50 the retail "investors" can get in and they aren't ready to handle the volatility. They were the a$$hats that drove it up to $50 in the 1st place as the big boys were unloading on them. Then they got scared and bailed causing the wildly sharp decline. Another point I hold caution for is the growing industrial use...as we still face a potential further global contraction.

I cannot find a reasonable copper bullion seller, they all want silly premiums. If you know of any copper sellers that aren't insane please drop me a link. Thanks.

Added---
USMCvet...Those ads are middle men that flip the stuff immediatly and capture the spread/premiums plus shipping profit to boot. The hype was boosted a TON by the "cash 4 gold" crap...the ads led people to believe those companies were stockpiling and filling warehouses, just not the case. I think they are the smartest of the bunch in that they hold low inventory, thereby lowering their risk of fluctating price. They also buy below spot and sell at above spot which is brilliant, if you have the sheep willing to go along with the scam. Very interesting stuff we got to see in the stock crash and as silver went to $50 then slammed harder than the titanic. ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts