New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i will be going on my honeymoon soon and will be gone for 2 weeks, as far as long guns i will be taking them to my inlaws house but i dont know what to do with my glock.
can i put a cable lock through it and put it in a locked box and store it there also? (my inlaws do NOT have pistol permits)
could i put it in my safe deposit box at the bank?
I plan on calling the sheriff's department tuesday to get more options but just wondering if anyone else has any other options or if i can di it one of the ways i mentioned.

Thanks,
-Brian

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Got an LGS you're on good terms with, or a good friend with a permit?

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LGS around here probly want an arm and a leg like they do for everything else. Can I leave it with a permit holder even tho it isn't on there permit?

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Some gun stores will store them for you for a fee. Check out a local small gun shop and talk to them. It is a quick solution.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
I'm sure you will be fine hiding it somewhere within your house. That said, believe the "pistol" is just the lower receiver (you should confirm) so in that case you could field strip, hide the frame and store everything else (slide, spring and barrel) with your long guns. You really should invest in a safe. Good luck and enjoy your honeymoon!

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
I don't see my 500+lb safe sliding anywhere.
Yeah, esp after its been bolted down ;)

Seriously, that's good advice. 500#s is heavy but really isn't that much as far as safes go. Mine is almost 1900#s empty. Haven't bolted it down yet but it is on my todo list.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Sound like a good time to send your pistol out for some improvements. Safe and sound being worked on at a FFL

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
buy a gun safe and store them all in it and leave them all at home. easy solution

·
Registered
530 Posts
Out of all the advice buy a safe.... If you can swing it.... Otherwise find a friend put them in a lock box or take the slide off if an auto and have him safeguard them....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts