New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so as the title states.... WoW i hope it never comes to that... V's speech 20 minutes in could absolutely apply to us now... well maybe not totally .. YET!

havent seen this movie since it came out. and i was not in touch with current affairs then

V for Vendetta Speech - YouTube

lets hope it never goes this far. very reminiscent of that book by the name of 1984

· Registered
1,672 Posts
Neocons hate this movie.
That is strange! they should love him. The main character is a hardcore Catholic who wants to kill all other denominations and have one world order under the Church.

I actually explained that to Occutards and they had a meltdown.

· Registered
10,544 Posts
That is strange! they should love him. The main character is a hardcore Catholic who wants to kill all other denominations and have one world order under the Church.

I actually explained that to Occutards and they had a meltdown.
You're confusing "V" (who is the main character) with Guy Fawkes, whom is the historical figure that V's mask is modeled after and is the center point of the "fifth of November" lore. They're not the same person. V is not a hardcore Catholic.

Just another misinformed neocon...

· Registered
1,672 Posts
You're confusing "V" (who is the main character) with Guy Fawkes, whom is the historical figure that V's mask is modeled after and is the center point of the "fifth of November" lore. They're not the same person. V is not a hardcore Catholic.

Just another misinformed neocon...
So why is it that he wears the "face" of Guy Fawkes?

And do me a favor do not call me a neo-con. 100% of neocons will have a caniption fit a brain annurism along with a heart attack and bowel movement when they find out what I do for fun.

· Registered
1,672 Posts
That makes sense. But still, occutards wear a Guy Fawkes mask, it was a Guy Fawkes mask for centuries.
That is akin to Tea Party folks wearing Che guverra mask.

· Registered
10,544 Posts
Not really. In wearing a Guy Fawkes' mask, they're emulating V, not Guy Fawkes. I do see what you're getting at and yes, it's impossible to deny the tinge of irony when you think about Guy Fawkes' motives, but you're missing the bigger opportunity. Instead of pointing out Fawkes' Catholicism, you should be pointing out V's anti-government motives, as many in the occupy (though, lets me clear, not all) movement see government as the solution rather than the problem.

I've seen the same mask worn at tea party rallies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.