New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this and had to inquire. Think it could make it to NY (yes I know capacity)?

UTS15 - YouTube

If the voice doesn't make it any cooler I don't know what will!!!

Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Should not be a problem, unless they ban their importation.

This will give the Kel-tec KSG a run for its money!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Since it does feed from both tubes alternatly, I think that would make it a high capacity magazine. Also is the KSG available yet?

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
LMAO'd at this writeup...

UTS-15: The World's Ugliest Bullpup Shotgun? | The Truth About Guns

"In contrast, the Kel-Tec KSG suffers from a pox of grip squares: the same sort of indentations that help distance Springfield's XDs from the Glock's Batman-meets-lead-ingot style.
The KSG is all picatinny rails and snout. Flip up the sights and it looks like Darth Vader's five-dollar foot-long Subway sandwich with a hard-on. Well, two. Add an optic and the KSG looks like*Darth Vader's five-dollar foot-long Subway sandwich with two hard-ons imitating a python that ate a large mouse about two days ago.

And now this, the Turkish-made UTS-15. I'll start by saying that it's way cool that the shotgun's made out of carbon fiber-a material famous for disintegrating to dust during high impacts. But the police and law enforcement officers for which the gun was copied-I mean "designed" will appreciate the light weight.
And don't discount the UTS-15′s WTF factor; imagine a perp staring at a snout so ugly a feral pig wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole. The UTS-15 is so aesthetically-challenged the ATF doesn't consider it sporting.

Saying that, creating a Barbie version of the plastic fantastic KSG simply requires removing the firing pin. Like most modern Turkish guns I've encountered, the UTS-15 looks like it's got some heavy duty metal bits. Well, excluding that funny little hinged door hanging off the side. And I like what U.S. importer Hatfield Gun Company has done with the graphics (i.e. nothing).
Bottom line: in the not-entirely-crucial fugliness contest between the Neostead 2000, Kel-Tec KSG and UTS-15, the latter two tie for first. Both guns get nul points for style."

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Does it come with the tacticool jumpsuit and elbow pads? It's funny how he was talking about buck shot and shooting birdshot. I still want one though!

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
its a pump, so capacity doesn't make a difference does it?
No mags over 10 rounds even on a pump. It it is 2 different mags though...

G

·
When it comes to shotguns fit and balance are critically important. This shotgun appears to have neither of these attributes above a 4 on a scale of 10.

Does it look like a good pick for filming the sequel to Aliens, you betcha.

Aside from the pesky details associated with NYS law this gun appears to be a heavy, poorly balanced clunker of a shotgun. But aesthetics will sell this shotgun all day long to those seeking the latest in "tacticool".

I doubt the 3-gun crowd will pick it based on the aforementioned deficiencies.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Gun is only 6.5 pounds not heavier than any other pump shotgun out there. I cant speak on balance since I havent handled one but weight size it def isnt heavier than a normal shotgun.
also the Kel-tec is available in NY. I stopped by the gun store a few weeks back someone ws just paying for one when I walked in. I will tell you the Kel-tec looks HOT in person and it tiny also.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
this and the keltec both look ugly imo id never own either of them... if somebody gave me one id sell and buy something else

1 - 14 of 14 Posts