New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find out if the UTAS UTS-15 shotgun is currently NY legal. It is a pump so not an assault weapon however it has two 7 round fixed tubes. Ive seen that some folks have had luck with FFL's downstate bringing them in but just about everyone I've spoken to in the Albany area either won't take the transfer or won't take the time to look into the weapon.

So I suppose this is a two fold question,
Is the UTS-15 NY Legal?

And if it is anyone know of an FFL in the Albany area that would take the transfer?

UTAS TURK | UTS-15 | www.utasturk.com | Utas, Uts-15, Uts15, Fire Arms, arms design, arms engineering, arms manufacturer, turkey arms, hunting arms, navy arms, military arms, fire, utasturk, turk utas

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Seems like a gray area but WOW that thing looks mean! On my.wish list now :)

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Just like the KSG, nothing in the law makes it illegal.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Should be legal in NY as I saw one at a gun show early last year in Westchester. It's a pump, so UnSAFE doesn't apply. A friend of mine is kicking himself for not picking it up back then. Like the KSG, I don't think it's an easy find though so good luck.

·
Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator
2,322 Posts
I made it to about 50sec of the video and was reminded why I can't stand him. No way could I listen to him review that thing for 53 1/2 minutes.

·
Registered
585 Posts
KSG at $1K or more if you can find one.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
I made it to about 50sec of the video and was reminded why I can't stand him. No way could I listen to him review that thing for 53 1/2 minutes.
I did like the super obnoxious fart sound at the beginning though.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
a local store is getting a shipment of ten. my buddy has money down on one since the finding the ksg is impossible now. i'll try to get my hands on it and report back with my tabletop review. YMMV!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
...then you should know who to call since we live in the same area :cool:

says they're gonna be $1000 out the door. personally, i wouldn't pay that much until they come out with a second run. being a beta taster for a grand doesn't sound like fun. there were some changes made with the ksg as well after getting some customer feedback.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Just wait til the anti's see that thing! I'm sure they're feverishly working on a new law that bans it and all its evil features! They'll even go so far as to make an infomercial with a little girl crying in terror when she sees it - that'll get emotions running high enough to greener the support they'll need...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all the replies guys, Tactical Failure could you tell me which shop will be getting the Utas in? (or was that the KSG you were referring to?)

·
Registered
128 Posts
This is an old thread now, with no updates. The fact that the UTAS has two 7-round magazines, with a feature of alternating between each between shots, effectively makes it a 14-round magazine, whereas the Keltec has to be manually switched between the two tubular magazines...
a subtle difference, perhaps, but I'm betting that the UTAS won't be permitted in NYS as long as it retains the alternating magazine feature.

Does anybody know for sure yet?

Have there been any legal transfers of the gun in NYS?

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Whats funny is that he liked the KSG.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
I am guessing that the gun is legal since the mag tubes are separate, but could only be loaded with a TOTAL of 7+1 rounds as per andys abortion I mean law.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts