New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If anyone is interested, Bill, from Gander Mountain in New Hartford is putting together a Utah Pistol Permit course on September 30th. It will be held at Gander Mountain.

For those that may not know, if you get a Utah Pistol Permit, it is good in around 36 states. Obviously not NY, but if you travel quite a bit, this is an awesome permit to have!

I'll post some times and fees when I get my phone charged back up... died on me today.

Time: 10 am
Fees: (2 forms of payment) $51 Credit card or Check
$65 CASH

·
Super Moderator
3,227 Posts
BIll's a good guy, I've known him for years. I took his Utah class 2 years back, Jeff took his safety course for his permit from Bill too. He puts a class on that moves right along and is never boring. Are you sure this is at Gander and not at the Legion back of the plaza where Gander is located? Gander didn't have a classroom last I knew, they got rid of it when they had their fire. Bill has been running his classes at the Legion since then unless Gander found a place for him to hold them at the store.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Im taking mine on 9/30 in putmun county. I can pass on info to anyone interested.

·
Super Moderator
3,227 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Quote: Fees: (2 forms of payment) $51 Credit card or Check
$65 CASH Quote

So it's 116.00 total? He charges 65 for the class?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah Bill told me it's right in the back of Gander Mtn now! Maybe they fixed the class room?

Yes that's correct for the fees.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
thecelt-- very interested in taking the utah permit class in putnam. sent pm for info, but could you post it here as well? thanks.

also, does anyone know how often this has to be renewed and how much that costs?

i heard the florida non-resident permit has some loophole that makes it not as useful as one would think. i believe it had something to do with requiring range time for the class, or perhaps a less advantageous non-resident status with limited right to carry granted. can anyone verify the validity of this, and does the utah non-resident permit have the same issues? thanks.

·
Super Moderator
3,227 Posts
Quote: Fees: (2 forms of payment) $51 Credit card or Check
$65 CASH Quote

So it's 116.00 total? He charges 65 for the class?
That's about the standard cost no matter where you take it. I think the $65 is the Utah filing fee but I may be wrong. I seem to recall their fee was in the $65-70 range when I got mine.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
thecelt-- very interested in taking the utah permit class in putnam. sent pm for info, but could you post it here as well? thanks.

also, does anyone know how often this has to be renewed and how much that costs?

i heard the florida non-resident permit has some loophole that makes it not as useful as one would think. i believe it had something to do with requiring range time for the class, or perhaps a less advantageous non-resident status with limited right to carry granted. can anyone verify the validity of this, and does the utah non-resident permit have the same issues? thanks.
responded to your pm with info. its being held at the sportsman center in Cortland on 9/30 at 12pm. i dont want to post the phone number since its his personal cell, but ill pm anyone who is interested. ill be there too.

also, its 5 years for renewel and i think its either 10 or 15 bucks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts