State of UtahRecently, I had the opportunity to take the Utah Pistol Permit Class with Rochester Personal Defense. The class and process was great! It was informative and I even learned some things that I hadn't known. First they went over all the safety information and everything you needed to know to qualify for the necessary safety training to obtain your Utah Permit.

Next, they took you through everything necessary to send to the Utah permit office. Included in the cost of the class is your passport-style phone, finger prints, and the pre-addressed envelope. After attending the course, all you have to do it send in your paperwork, a copy of your license, and a check and you'll be receiving your Utah non-resident permit in no time!

The following states currently honor the Utah Non-resident permit: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming.

Note: New York State DOES NOT recognize the Utah permit.
If you want to own a handgun or carry one in New York State, you must obtain a New York State permit.

For more information on their Utah Permit Class and other offerings, check out their website at www.safeinrochester.com