New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased another "item" here on NYFirearms.com. I sent out a USPS $$ order on Friday morning @ 0900 hrs. when they opened. Priority Mail, Delivery Conf. all that good stuff. Cost me over $6 with the MO's. Well, they shipped my Priority Mail south to Kearny NJ from Westchester. From Kearny, it goes North to Marathon, NY. 4 days for "Priority Mail." I call BS!! I could have put a freakin .45 cent stamp on it!!

The Postal System, like most of the rest of the "System" is obviously broken.

Ok...I feel better now.

Rant Off.

:hissyfit:

·
Registered
913 Posts
Iv used USPS and shipped from buffalo to Rochester. Buffalo to Syracuse in a day. Is your town small? That's what happens when you live in nowhere land. My grandfather lived in forney TX. He used USPS from his town mail takes an extra 3 days to get to me. He drives the 20 min to Dallas and I get mail a lot quicker. It's just how it works.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
i buy and ship alot of things and pay close attention to he tracking (both ways) and im sure it depends where the USPS distrubution center is, for example last week i had 2 packages ship to me, one from washington state and one from long island and i got the one from washington first (both shipped (priority) lol ive even had a package arrive from sweden (yes the country) 1 day after a package from buffalo, both also shipped the same day!
lets not even talk ups or fedex....

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have had the same thing. A couple of purchases from LDD who is on the other coast. Clear across the Country and I get his $$ out and I get the item in 6 days. 6 days back and forth across the entire Country. 4.5 days to go 150 miles. Unreal.

·
Registered
994 Posts
If you ask the postmaster you will find that all priority mail from the NE region goes to Springfield, Ma. regardless of it's destination. If it shipped priority from Albany to go to Syracuse it goes to Springfield first as that is where the priority sort facility is located. The mail does not take the shortest route to it's destination. All GMF's (general mail facility) do NOT have a priority sort facility section therefore it is shipped to one for the region. When shipping priority the postmaster can usually tell you an "estimated" delivery date. In the town I live in mail leaves the PO once a day at 4:30 pm regardless of when you brought it to the PO. If you went to the PO at 9 am it doesn't leave the PO untill 4:30. I've sent mail to western NY from my PO and had it delivered the next day, REGULAR mail. If you want the ability to track just send it regular mail with delivery confirmation. Blame it on the bean counters!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Regular mail for me from now on. The only way to go. Like you said, the sort facility is 150 miles South of me, and the package was going North. Not exactly the path of least resistance.

·
Registered
994 Posts
on another note, the Priority Flat Rate is a great deal. I recently sent packages heavy with bullets (not loaded ammo) and shipped for $12 whereas it would have cost $42+ regular mail. Anywhere in the country, up to 70 lbs. if it fits in the box it goes! No, I do not work for the PO.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I understand what the OP is saying ... and I live pretty much out in the sticks ... however when I purchase 2 items the same day - one in Michigan and one in Holland and use the same type of shipping etc ( both items were paid with CC) I get the item from Holland in 3 days and the item from Michigan in 5 ( from the day they were shipped out) there were no weekends or holidays in the mix ... it just seems like the system is very inefficient though what the hell do I know about the inner workings of it ... I can't imagine the logistics of it all

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
register for a fedex account. Fedex ground is 1k times more reliable and anything I have sent recently is much cheaper then usps as far as packages. The tracking is almost always exact. USPS is hope an pray.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yeah, but it's tough to beat USPS flat rate boxes for shipping bullets. I think my postman hates me.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Priority Mail®

Delivered

April 24, 2012, 9:26 am

I started my Rant 45 minutes after it was finally delivered. Computers were not updated.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
LOL UPS is updated and emails sent before the driver gets back in his truck.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now.....I can't wait to get my hands on my new "item." :)

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
register for a fedex account. Fedex ground is 1k times more reliable and anything I have sent recently is much cheaper then usps as far as packages. The tracking is almost always exact. USPS is hope an pray.
That's great if you can get Fedex to deliver. They put a sticker on my store door every day that says "Exception: Local holiday, store closed." Right in front of the big LED sign with my hours posted on it. 2 hours before we open. For a week. It took my distributor threatening to switch to UPS to get the bastards to deliver when I am open. The delivery guy gives me attitude every time he comes in now, because he liked to be out of my area by 9AM every day and now he has to come later.

They also loved to screw me on home delivery too.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
I had no problems with USPS. Always reliable for me.
I guess depends on location maybe, I guess? ... or one might need to resort to the pony express?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts