New York Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
gamo shadow 1000fps .177 air rifle springer with scope 75$ no irons

walther talon magnum .22 springer with adjustable scope (cost 349 new) .....925fps with crossman lead pellets (will take varmint like racoons at 35-40 yards no issue) 140$ not for small guys or gals over 40 pounds cocking effort here

Benjamin air rifles Benjamin trial nitro piston ... 750+ fps from 22caliber lead crossman pellets 125$

or take all three for 300, all are used

will consider face to face trades for a nice 22 wmr rifle, or cash or bricks of ammo IN 7.62X39 OR 54, .223 OR 5.56, CERTAIN 12G LOADS

IF LOOKING FOR AIR RIFLE FOR KIDS THE ONLY ONE THAT WOULD WORK OUT IS THE GAMO, the other two are no joke

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
this is in response to pm i just received 5 minutes after listing item

1 yes it is legal to take small game in our state with pellet rifles

2 if you believe a walther magnum pellet rifle is a "toy" or any of these for that matter i hope no one trust you with real guns

3 if you think you can touch any of these new for 20-30 each ill take 50 of each!

here are new item comps just for knowledge sake

Walther® Talon Magnum Air Rifle - .22 Caliber, Air Rifles, Airguns & Airsoft, Shooting : Cabela's

Benjamin Sheridan BT9M22SNP - BenjTrail All-Weath NP.22,w/Scope

·
Registered
625 Posts
and yes these guns "GUNS" are not a joke i have a couple similar and they are fun and cheap to shoot and are deadly accurate
and if you find any of these for 20-30 i will be down too

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
air rifle are the only way i get to shoot everyday since i live in a city... have a range in the basement 20 yards for now til i can move furnaces

·
Registered
753 Posts
Not bad at all. After my Suomi is sold, I may be interested in the Walther .22 Pellet since I have to rid my backyard of squirrels.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not bad at all. After my Suomi is sold, I may be interested in the Walther .22 Pellet since I have to rid my backyard of squirrels.
nothing flips squirrels like a Walther pellet rifle man... it feels like a beast firing, had to learn what an artillery hold was just to stop getting knocked over... if anything if you eat squirrel it may be too much power

if you eat them id go for benjamin trail np, very low recoil using lead pellets and is a tack driver, literally i use a screw head sticking 1 inch out of wood for target

·
Registered
4,994 Posts

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
I was serious, as in $300 trade credit towards my upper.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
this is not the place to ask but info is helpful to the sale of these. Is it legal to shoot these in or around a structure within city limits?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
depends on where you are in state, here its ok

id advise you find out your local laws first

then set aside at least 20 yrds of lane space about 7 feet wide

next line the walls near target and on sides with blue board and then foam for catching stray pellets

behind target area id advise another few blue boards and also cover the ceiling with blue boards

for indoor shooting i rarly use the powerful ones but as far as law goes i can if i wanted to so long as im not posing a threat to anyone else or am using them in dangerous way
my biggest worry is actualy the codes department having issue with my homes lead level in 20 years

i would never target shoot them outside due utica being a bad area and the cops having too much to deal with without some guy shooting a pellet gun in his front yard and freaking out onlookers

·
Registered
18 Posts
nice heading.... personally I like to take a colander and fit it to bungee cords... pull the sucker back and hold it with a pair of mounted vice grips.. paste some peanut butter on the inside and wait for the squirrels to come along... SQUIRREL PROBLEM?? I dont have one, but now my neighbor does.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
nice heading.... personally I like to take a colander and fit it to bungee cords... pull the sucker back and hold it with a pair of mounted vice grips.. paste some peanut butter on the inside and wait for the squirrels to come along... SQUIRREL PROBLEM?? I dont have one, but now my neighbor does.
wow and i thought we didnt have flying squirrels around here!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Actually real flying squirrels are in this area. They are nocturnal so not many people see them. We had a pair raiding our bird feeder almost every night for several years. Haven't seen them lately. I use a large bore pellet gun (12g) to get rid of my normal squirrels but the flying squirrels are so cute and very respectful to the feeders as far as how much they ate and not knocking all the seed on the ground, I left them alone. When I first told a few neighbors about them I found out I wasn't the only one with them. It actually answered a long time mystery, I would periodically hear something land on the roof and scurry around in the middle of the night. Some times there would be a scratching sound. I'm convinced now it was the flying squirrels using the roof as a landing zone.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.