• No

Votes: 49 71.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

· Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He asked me to open a poll for other members to vote on weather or not I should apply for my CCW, vote one of 2 options and put your opinion/explanation if you wish.

· Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Of course I vote yes because I want my permit.

· Registered
5,312 Posts

· Registered
2,099 Posts
is this a "rights" thing or a mental capacity thing?

Edit: after the read, I have determined this to be a mental capacity issue and will vote NO. To add to it, after being exposed to your posts over the time of your membership here I don't think you should be able to own a gun at all. But I am not the .gov and we all have the 2nd, until you do something to cause it to be lost.

· Registered
3,865 Posts
I said no just because I hate when people ask others for opinions on a decision they should make for themselves. So yea...guess I am a troll that way.

· Registered
2,746 Posts
I think you need to grow up? Look t how that whole situation escalated because you couldent keep your mouth shut.. Maybe IF you are granted a ccw you'll grow up..

· Registered
9,724 Posts
I can't vote. Being asked to judge someone makes me uncomfortable. Are you a loose cannon?? Are you much like that "tough guy" yourself? Are you all talk no action? Are you confrontational but able to still think rationally? Dude .... I have no idea and without knowing the answers as fact ... this is impossible for me answer.

· Formerly SRV1
4,726 Posts
He asked me to open a poll for other members to vote on weather or not I should apply for my CCW, vote one of 2 options and put your opinion/explanation if you wish.
Simply making a poll about it shows your age. You are not ready for a permit and you have a bad attitude. By not walking away without saying anything, makes you the aggressor and the weak one. By walking away and ignoring him makes you the dominant one because it shows they you are not afraid. I do not know why you posted this poll since no matter the outcome, you are still going to apply for your permit. James

· Registered
982 Posts
I voted no. If your real life personality is like your internet personality, you seem to have no desire to deescalate. You seem to be very confrontational. In a few years, maybe. I didn't need to go into that thread to vote. I already had that opinion based on some of your other posts. I recognize your name.

I wouldn't normally say anything, but you asked.

· I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,805 Posts
Well I will stick up for him because no one else is lol. I think what he was getting at in the other thread is big picture stuff and not neccesarily that situation in it in itself. I think that his frustration about the big picture is what made him come off the way he did.

To try and elaborate on what I think he was trying to say is that, you cant always turn the other cheek. Lets imagine for a moment that every decent non intentional criminal just turned the other cheek. So we let people yell at us, we let them steal our possessions, we let them do what ever they want as long as they dont do us or anyone else physical harm. Well in a world like that crime seems pretty enticing and I would be willing to bet more people would get into a life of crime. So in the big scheme of things doing nothing and saying nothing is actually one end of the spectrum of ways to act and it potentially has the effect of making things worse. So I think Dystrukto was just arguing for the opposite point out of his frustration that it is BS to allow that behavior of A holes.

Now let me point another thing out lol. Yes younger people are more willing to "fight" things while the older people have learned to pick their battles to save the grief. I think the real answer is somewhere in the middle because anything worth having (a good society) is worth fighting for.

In case what I am saying is unclear (because I am trying to keep it short) I will give one last example for the military and veteran guys. Imagine your a not a officer or NCO. Your chain of command is the government and you and all the other non NCO's are us regular citizens. Now a couple of your guys in your company or battalion decide on the weekend to have a good time and make the wrong choice of drinking and driving. As you know that will effect everyone in your company or battalion. You command will make new rules to follow to try and prevent it from happening again because none of you stopped your peers from breaking the law and being stupid. It is your responsibility in the military to keep your peers out of trouble and if you fail your command has to get involved which is never a good thing. So if you think about it, its just like civilian life. You the normal citizen follow the laws but dont want to get involved and let your civilian peers walk all over you. Yes you are safe for the moment but if no one stands up to the stupid people then they will continue to be stupid until they get caught by police and then new laws are passed that do nothing to prevent crime but that end up effecting you the law abiding citizen.

Final disclaimer lol I am not advocating getting involved or potentially escalating a situation because in the little picture your safety is important. I am just merely pointing out the other side as I think Dystrukto was trying to say in my own words.

· Registered
349 Posts
I and others on here cant decide for you, You need to make that decision yourself. Just remember those people you hate the prisons are full of them so if you even slightly mess up with a handgun you will be bunk mates with the scum of the earth. In time you will learn to keep your cool in most situations. Mostly by practicing self restraint and biting your tongue. I was the same way you are now at your age. Knock a guy out just for looking at me crossed eyed. But that attitude + gun = jail time or coffin if you are not very very careful. I will not vote either

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.