Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a glock 29sf
a sub compact 10mm
i will be doing a pierce finger extensions
nights sights
and a conversion barrel
and maybe down the road a trigger job
anyone have any recommendations as to brands of parts to use
or other upgrades that might be better ?

·
Registered
928 Posts
I agree with the night sights. I had the pierce extensions on my g30 and didn't like them as much as the flush 9rd mags. Conversion barrel will save you money shooting. I would stick to factory glock parts for everything else though I like the glock trigger as is.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
my G27 is my main carry piece. i've made several modifications--some aesthetic and some functional. i highly recommend installing an extended slide release and a grip plug for starters. night sights were a good call. went with meprolight for mine. the finger extensions seem to defeat the purpose of a subcompact pistol in my mind since every bit of added heft makes concealment a bit more difficult, though there is a trade-off for shooting comfort. that's something the individual has to determine. one thing to consider when it comes to trigger jobs on carry guns: it's been mentioned by many gun writer gurus (Massad Ayoob, for one) that making triggers lighter on personal defense firearms could be a slippery slope if a prosecutor uses it to paint the person who's defended himself as some sort of john wayne with an itchy index finger. it's not something guaranteed to happen, but i wouldn't want to find out the hard way if i'm ever put in the unfortunate position. enjoy!

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Just bought a glock 29sf
a sub compact 10mm
i will be doing a pierce finger extensions
nights sights
and a conversion barrel
and maybe down the road a trigger job
anyone have any recommendations as to brands of parts to use
or other upgrades that might be better ?
What holster are you going to use to CCW? I've been looking for a conversion barrel for my G20SF too; Lone wolf is who I have for my G23 to 9mm that I've never had a problem with.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a cheap iwb holster that I was carrying my sig in but I will use that for my glock till I order one online
I like the small iwb holsters that are the size of a pocket the ones that go all the way along the back like the long tucks or alien gears I have a feeling I wouldn't like but I might try the alien gear holster still because I like the thought of taking it from a iwb the owb by undoing a couple screws

I also saw a few people did the ghost maritime spring cups
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003WG0PB8?pc_redir=1408856390&robot_redir=1

supposedly makes the weapon more dependable after either dropping in water if something happens or having to go through water

·
Registered
928 Posts
They function great without doing anything to them. I could see using the maritime spring cups if your a navy seal.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They function great without doing anything to them. I could see using the maritime spring cups if your a navy seal.
I'm with you didn't know how well the gun functions from the factory in water

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Night sights, .40 conversion barrel, good holster and I'd do a ghost trigger connector. I did the file to fit ranger trigger kit on my g23. I love it. Underwood ammo makes about the best 10mm ammo u can buy. Sucks you gotta order it. It's full power 10mm with a choice of hornady xtp bullets or Speer gold dots. I ran the 155 grain gold dots in my g20. Nasty round.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts