New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just need to vent.... some of you may have heard about Jesse Cale, an 18yo boy who went missing while camping with a friend about 1/4 mile from his house near the Hudson River. I know his parents well and went to school with them both. The last couple of nights I've been searching until just before daybreak, along with other friends of the family, when the search and rescue teams come back with no luck. The dogs followed his trail into a field .... and they lost the trail right in the middle of the field!! I figure he doubled back towards the river. He has a history of seizures and I fear the worst that the river has him. Just the fact that Jesse has been camping and fishing there all these years and NOW he comes up missing is pizzing me off!! I'm saddened deeply for his Mother and Father and the rest of his family and I'm f***ing tired but I can't stop thinking about where he MAY be or the possibility of him still being alive but hurt. He went missing around 12am Saturday .... here it is 10:50pm Monday night and nothing. I'm heading back out again rain or not. Maybe a lot of prayers will help Jesse and his family at this time?? I don't know ... I do know this f***ing pizzes me off!!! Especially when I can't find him and I see the pain in his parents eyes!! DAMNIT!!!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
You are doing God's work my friend. Best of luck. I pray that he will be found alive and well. That being said, go easy on yourself. You are doing all you can and I am sure that it has not gone unnoticed.

Hang on Jesse...help is coming.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
I know the horrible feeling.
Keep faith. Sometimes miracles happen. Like others say if we were closer we would be helping but I am sure
there are plenty of people in town already looking for him.
I will say a prayer for him and his family and friends.

·
Registered
625 Posts
My thoughts and prayers are going out for a save return of Jesse. My late mom has her angels out i will ask for there help too.

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Nasty wet night last night, I hope he found shelter.

He was described as a white male, 6 feet tall, 170 pounds with red hair. He was wearing a white hooded sweatshirt, red t-shirt and dark jeans

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
Yea I seen that in the news,he went to find wood it said!Not good with a river around,I know I live by one and people are dying in it more than ever it seems....

·
Registered
620 Posts
MAY GOD PROTECT AND CARE FOR HIM, All of you in my prayers for the saftey of jesse and the strength to carry on with search!!!!

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all. I'm still hopeful, but as Jetster said ... he had gone to get wood for the fire ... 5 minutes later his Father, his friend and a couple more that were down there fishing that night got concerned as it shouldn't have taken him that long. The water right now has 0 visibility due to the heavy rain yesterday. I couldn't see much. I went back to searching in the woods further down the river in hopes that IF he fell in the water, he was able to make it to shore somewhere downstream. They have called off the search for today ... BS!! I'm going to head back out again. I know that after 36 hours hope fades and the efforts of search groups will fall off. As many have said .. I guess I can only keep the faith. Thanks for the prayers everyone. His Parents need any and all types of support they can get. Oh ,,,, thanks for posting the description Bill .. I'm so mentally whooped I forgot to mention that.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Thanks all. I'm still hopeful, but as Jetster said ... he had gone to get wood for the fire ... 5 minutes later his Father, his friend and a couple more that were down there fishing that night got concerned as it shouldn't have taken him that long. The water right now has 0 visibility due to the heavy rain yesterday. I couldn't see much. I went back to searching in the woods further down the river in hopes that IF he fell in the water, he was able to make it to shore somewhere downstream. They have called off the search for today ... BS!! I'm going to head back out again. I know that after 36 hours hope fades and the efforts of search groups will fall off. As many have said .. I guess I can only keep the faith. Thanks for the prayers everyone. His Parents need any and all types of support they can get. Oh ,,,, thanks for posting the description Bill .. I'm so mentally whooped I forgot to mention that.
Hoping and praying again. Any other news?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Sounds like a situation that some local psychics should be helping with. Sceptic or not, people with psychic abilities work miracles! The local police department may have one on staff.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Going to pray right now.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hoping and praying again. Any other news?
Only news is ... a few teachers from Schuylerville School have been looking down near Stillwater and the search and rescue efforts are coming to an end. They will again go looking via boat and plane but all ground efforts have ceased. :(

Sounds like a situation that some local psychics should be helping with. Sceptic or not, people with psychic abilities work miracles! The local police department may have one on staff.
Believe it or not, they had one there. She said "He's in a hole." Well ... that helps alot. Everyone there had searched every inch of the land and noone found a hole anywhere in the 300 acre property. The Schuyler Hose Fire Co. sent guys into the tunnels underground to look as they were used to feed the old mill with water. No luck there either. I'm still hopeful we'll find Jesse alive. I hope ...

Thanks for the prayer KBurdo. One never really thinks too much about a missing person until it hits close to home like this. Terrible.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Still praying, any news?

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Still praying, any news?
Thank you KBurdo. We just got back from looking again. We had heard that a kid had seen something near the yacht basin in Schuylerville and supposedly he poked it with a stick and it went floating downstream. Well .. out went the Fire co, police and local people in boats again. Nothing yet as far as I know. My daughter said that the school is horrible. Teachers and students are so down and out that noone is doing much of anything. The kids in the high school are wearing green ribbons and all of their lockers have signs on them which read "come home soon Jesse!" They also made a HUGE banner which reads the same and every kid and teacher has signed it. Big Green ribbon outside the school ..... it's nice to see the caring and the hope of all in the community, but it's really taking a toll on many and especially Jesse's family. I'm getting choked up just typing this.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jesse has been found. Divers located his body about 45 minutes ago. He was underwater almost in front of the campfire. The water is extremely fast there with many rapids and a fall just upstream. A sad day today and yet, a little relief that he has been found and the closure can begin.

RIP Jesse Cale ... your parents, family and friends never gave up on you and will always miss you!!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Jesus.....I am really sorry for the outcome. A very sad day indeed.

Godspeed Jesse Cale.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear that, but like you said, at least he was found and that there can be some closure for family and friends.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts