1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
I've never really seen the humor in the "putting too powerful a gun in untrained hands routine."

You accomplish what? Scaring people off guns for life. Danger to all around. Even unintentional suicide in some cases.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I've never really seen the humor in the "putting too powerful a gun in untrained hands routine."

You accomplish what? Scaring people off guns for life. Danger to all around. Even unintentional suicide in some cases.
Not to mention injury to self. Had a friend when I was younger who's dad told him to fire a 12 gauge. He didn't bother to instruct how. My friend ended up with the gun kicking up into his face. Broke his nose and knocked out a tooth. His dad should have had all his guns taken for being an idiot.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Not to mention injury to self. Had a friend when I was younger who's dad told him to fire a 12 gauge. He didn't bother to instruct how. My friend ended up with the gun kicking up into his face. Broke his nose and knocked out a tooth. His dad should have had all his guns taken for being an idiot.
But I did mention it. With unintentional suicide. ;). What is actually documented as happening multiple times is with big bore revolvers, not only will they give the weaker, unsuspecting person the gun, but give it to them with a full cylinder. First shot goes off, kicks the gun back and up, barrel right under shooters head, fear response jerks the hand clenched, rip another round through head.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
wow. People are retarded

·
Registered
4,835 Posts

110% agree. I think it's completely idiotic to put a firearm in someones hands who is not capable or prepared for the physics of equal and opposite reaction.

My wife got to shoot my Father-In-Laws .44 mag last week while we were at his farm in Oregon. We gave it to her 1 round at a time as she is a very inexperienced pistol shooter, and the barrel nearly covered her on the recoil the first 3 ro 4 times she fired it. I had no intention of her blowing her own head off in front of our 3 kids.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts