New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a question about wanting to buy a handgun from a friend of mine. Both of us have our unrestricted license in ulster county and I am curious about how we would go about conducting the sale. The ulster county website says we just need a bill of sale and a description of the gun i am purchasing as well as our information and our license numbers but this seems way too easy. Anybody in Ulster county have any experience with this? When i first got my permit my father signed over his Glock 26 to me and all we did was just present the letter i typed up as well as my pistol permit(my father didnt have a permit because he is a state trooper so his state trooper photo ID and shield were ok) and I payed the $3 to add it to my permit. Since everything in New York has changed does anybody know if there is something else that needs to be done?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Hello I have a question about wanting to buy a handgun from a friend of mine. Both of us have our unrestricted license in ulster county and I am curious about how we would go about conducting the sale. The ulster county website says we just need a bill of sale and a description of the gun i am purchasing as well as our information and our license numbers but this seems way too easy. Anybody in Ulster county have any experience with this? When i first got my permit my father signed over his Glock 26 to me and all we did was just present the letter i typed up as well as my pistol permit(my father didnt have a permit because he is a state trooper so his state trooper photo ID and shield were ok) and I payed the $3 to add it to my permit. Since everything in New York has changed does anybody know if there is something else that needs to be done?

Call Maureen at the Pistol License Unit (845) 340-3639; she should be able to assist you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts