New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i put a deposit down on a very very lightly used gen 3 glock 19 (literally had half a box of ammo put through it) and im quite excited about it. just wondering if any of you glock fans can reccomend any accesories. also, the gun is by itself with 2 mags, no case, no manual, nothing. if i call glock can they hook me up with a manual maybe a case? ive never tried thier customer service before as ive never drank the glock kool aid untill now lol.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Sleep rabbit, sleep. It will all be better soon...

Can't go wrong bro. No manuals needed. Just shoot and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont need the manual or case, i just like to have all that stuff. its like a spare tire in your car, youll probably never use it but its nice to have

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Manuals for what? lol. you know how to break down an AK right? glock is even easier.
The best accessory is a truck load of ammo and have fun.
Get a nice holster though. That's all.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I've never seen a firearms manufacturer that wouldn't provide a free copy of the manual. It may even be a law. My Ruger has "read manual, available free" ROLLMARKED ON THE FRAME lol. I'm sure it's also available online.

As for a case they'll probably make you pay for that. I've seen them on eBay and such though, $10-15.

·
Registered
398 Posts
The maintenance portion of the manual is online, see:

http://us.glock.com/documents/gun_maintenance.pdf

but I wasn't able to find the full manual on their website (strange..)

If you call their customer service they will send you one. Every gun manufacturer will.

If you look hard enough, you might teen be able to find the armorer's manual online.

Oh, and congrats. It's a really nice firearm.

·
Registered
664 Posts
As for the accessory part it's like an AR there is so much out there it's crazy. What are you gonna do with it. Carry, range, comp. anything from cheap to expensive trigger jobs, barrels, slides spring kits, you name it. Check out some of the on line stores like glock store or glock works. You can pretty much change every part on the gun with after market parts.
Most of all have fun with it. They are great guns

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Welcome to the Darkside, the force is strong in you........

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Vickers mag release and you are done.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm going to carry it but it isn't my main carry gun. I have a desantis sof-tuck that I use for my Sig and the g19 fits it as well. It will also be a new range toy lol. I'm a punisher fan so I've gotta get the slide plate lol.

·
Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator
2,322 Posts
I'm a punisher fan so I've gotta get the slide plate lol.
If it becomes more than that I would suggest going back to the stock one. I tried an engraved one a while back and found it to be extremely distracting while trying to focus on the sights.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Better front sight and ammo. Done. I don't consider ta Glock the dark side either, but than again, I've had one since 1989. Consider the $0.25 trigger job later on, but not until you have about 1000 rounds through it so you can appreciate the effects of it.

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
Depending on much you are going to shoot it:

Grip frame plug--covers that little gap at the bottom of the grip.
Night Sights--Heinie sights are my favorite.
Holster
Extra mags
Like everyone else mentioned, AMMO!

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Aren't those Desatnis Sof-tuks great? I've used mine with at least 4 or 5 guns so far. Its nice to decide if you like carrying a gun and while waiting for a better holster to show up.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Aren't those Desatnis Sof-tuks great? I've used mine with at least 4 or 5 guns so far. Its nice to decide if you like carrying a gun and while waiting for a better holster to show up.
I love mine, it works great for the glock 19 and my Sig 226. Best part is I paid all of 20 bucks for it brand new :)

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had to do it lol this thing cost me 20 and 3 for shipping... Wasn't very happy with glockmiester they literally forgot to ship my order, after 3 days of no confirmation email, or tracking number I called and they were like oops sorry we'll get that right out. Anyways I also have a range report. The gun shoots great. I don't shoot it as well as my Sig, YET! LOL I've put about 250 rounds through it so far and I love it. I tend to get better every time I go. I think nite sites will be my next purchase :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts