New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Camping on LG and put the boat up on some rocks...

Nobody was hurt and the claim is already filed. Thought damage was much worse than it is. Need new drive, props and some minor fiberglass work. Shop said it could be ready by next weekend if they get insurance authorization...

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Camping on LG and put the boat up on some rocks... Nobody was hurt and the claim is already filed. Thought damage was much worse than it is. Need new drive, props and some minor fiberglass work. Shop said it could be ready by next weekend if they get insurance authorization...
Must have been those dirty lines you've been using. Kidding aside, I'm glad no one was hurt. Hope all damage to your craft is at a minimum and any needed repairs are done quickly.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bearings screwed up and went where I shouldn't have been. Been on this lake 23 years in all kinds of conditions. Ran her through "the fields" in the middle of the afternoon on a clear August day. I thought I was in a different channel. Life lesson never take things for granted and become complacent. Thought the damage was a lot worse than it was. Just took off a small slice of fiberglass right at the transom. Drive is toast though. $8,000 unit right there. Probably looking at $15k with props and labor. Fortunately I've got good insurance...

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Glad you were safe. I put a tree branch through one of my fathers cedar strip boats once. I was pissed when I did it, low hanging branch and I didn't see it and drove the kayak right into it (it was in the rack on top of the car).

Of course I also dropped my kayak off it's rack in my car port as well, cracked it good.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
What kind of boat? Glad your ok maaaaaan.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I'm good with it live and learn. Boat accidents aren't like car accidents. You're not stopped in your tracks like hitting a tree. Only thing hurt was the owner's ego. I can live with that, lol...

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Sorry to hear that, though I too have had some very, very bad days rescued by an insurance policy from catastrophe to an annoyance in the space of a phone call. You don't look at paying those premiums the same way afterward do you? Hears hoping that everything gets approved and your back in action soon!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Sorry to hear hear. Glad everyone is ok....Didn't happen to file and police report for "missing firearms" while you were at? JK Again glad everyone is ok.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks. I'm in the insurance business and have always carried better coverage than what was offered by the companies I've worked for. I've got Chubb on all my personal stuff. Expensive, yes, but I sleep good at night...

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm very fortunate. Camping with great friends who have boats. My son water skiing a few minutes ago...

Up on his first try! He's very proud of his accomplishment but its nothing compared to how proud I am of him.

Some other friends just drove by and asked me what happened. He offered his boat to me without a flinch. Friends like that don't come everyday. Fiberglass can be patched up and drives replaced. No worries...

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
cgrutt,
That sucks, but like you said: fiberglass can be repaired! Glad it didn't keep you off the water for the weekend! It's good to have GREAT Friends!

FUAC!!!

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
Glad everyone is ok and damage not to bad.

Congrats on son getting up on first try! Thats awesome and I am glad to see that this whole thing hasn't put a damper on your "not camping"!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts