New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my first opportunity to shoot it today at Hamilton Shooting Supply (nice range). The Century Arms International conversion job on the Saiga 7.62x39mm rifle is outstanding. A regular Saiga goes for $450 at Herb's, the converted rifle goes for $599. Looks aesthetically just like an AK. What CAI did was:
1) scrap the Monte Carlo stock, add a pistol grip and AK stock
2) move up the trigger group and replace with a Tapco G2 trigger
3) add a bullet guide / modify the mag well to accept hi cap magazines
4) give you two 30 round pre ban magazines
5) drill out some gaps in the handguard for ventilation

I love it. Love it love it love it. Now I gotta find a sling.

Happy shooting.

-Ché

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
May we see some pictures of this beauty?

G

·
I noticed your avitar and screen name.
Here's my favorite picture of Che, circa 1967, somewhere in Bolivia:

Pay no attention to the guy in the OG-107's, he wasn't really there.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I noticed your avitar and screen name.
Here's my favorite picture of Che, circa 1967, somewhere in Bolivia:

Pay no attention to the guy in the OG-107's, he wasn't really there.
Funny.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
30 yards, standing with iron sights. Gotta figure out why they're all in the LUQ.

saiga 30 yards iron sights.jpg

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Wow that looks awesome just the way it is. CAI has gotten it's act together lately I have noticed, no more junk builds like they had with the headspacing issues on the CETMEs or the first WASR slap jobs.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Only one problem. The front swivel is about 1 cm wide, and the swivel on the stock is about 2 cm wide. No slings want to work with two different sized swivels. Ideas?

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Only one problem. The front swivel is about 1 cm wide, and the swivel on the stock is about 2 cm wide. No slings want to work with two different sized swivels. Ideas?
My SAR-1 had a similar problem, what I ended up doing was taking a sling that fit the front and dremeling off the clasp on it, this way I could just hook a normal sling into the clasp, kinda like a 2 link chain. You could also look for s sling that doesn't use clasps or hooks and instead uses an adjustable nylon band to attach to the rifle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts