Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
672 Posts

·
awesome for hire.
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
machines look good. but no mouse or keyboard included means spending almost another $100 on the pair.
Yeah unfortunately, I have only one set of wireless keyboard and wired mouse that are still working LOL so I priced them accordingly. If I can find them I'd include them. I said not included on both because I didn't know which one I'd include it with.

Also as TradersBASE said, you can get them from OWC pretty cheap.

·
Registered
451 Posts
is the one that much better than the other? dont know much about the computer technical numbers. the 800 one is what? a little faster?

·
Registered
672 Posts
is the one that much better than the other? dont know much about the computer technical numbers. the 800 one is what? a little faster?
Faster processor (by a lil bit) but also about 3x the storage. 1tb is basically 1,000gb so compare that to 320gb.
You can technically upgrade with a replacement drive but on iMac's it's not something an average end user can tackle at all...if you need the space go for the $800 one.

I should be snagging one of these but it's just a lil too expensive for me considering I don't really need yet another computer. LOL

·
Head of Bacon Operations
3,589 Posts
Can I conceal carry either of these?

I keed. GREAT prices, I am looking to buy a macbook, the one I have is biting the dust. Need something portable. Not sure yet how I feel about new macbooks not having optical drive or ethernet port. Might buy previous model refurb.

·
Registered
672 Posts

I keed. GREAT prices, I am looking to buy a macbook, the one I have is biting the dust. Need something portable. Not sure yet how I feel about new macbooks not having optical drive or ethernet port. Might buy previous model refurb.
If you aren't after the retina display I'd say go for a past generation Apple refurb. Save a bunch of cash yet you still get the full 1 year warranty. I don't like that they cut the optical out. No ethernet isn't an issue for most since it's a portable.

The retina is impressive though...can't lie there. When you see one it's like "WOW"!

·
awesome for hire.
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I might be selling my 2009 Macbook Pro. It's a 17", 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, couple dents lol. LMK if you're interested.

If you aren't after the retina display I'd say go for a past generation Apple refurb. Save a bunch of cash yet you still get the full 1 year warranty. I don't like that they cut the optical out. No ethernet isn't an issue for most since it's a portable.

The retina is impressive though...can't lie there. When you see one it's like "WOW"!
That's what I'm doing. Also going to sell Erica's 27" iMac. The goal is to sell all the iMac's and my MBP, and get Erica a Macbook Air, and myself a MBP Retina w/ 16GB RAM and 512 SSD.

·
Head of Bacon Operations
3,589 Posts
thanks mike, 17" is too big for me to lug around. I am going to stick with 13" or maybe 15" if I go refurb. I haven't seen retina display yet. I have a feeling going to see it is going to be a big mistake because then I will want one. Need to raise enough money for the refurb, if I can raise a bit more than I'll go new.

·
awesome for hire.
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks mike, 17" is too big for me to lug around. I am going to stick with 13" or maybe 15" if I go refurb. I haven't seen retina display yet. I have a feeling going to see it is going to be a big mistake because then I will want one. Need to raise enough money for the refurb, if I can raise a bit more than I'll go new.
I just realized I have an MBP 15" also. It has a sweet 512GB hybrid hard drive in it IIRC and 8GB of ram. Would be a pretty stout system based on the unibody. Has an optical drive and firewire still too if that was a deal breaker for you on the new ones.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts