New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two guns found inside car at a Wayne County high school | www.WHEC.com

Sheriff's Deputies say they found two guns inside a car at a Wayne County high school.

Eighteen-year-old Zachary Decker of Ontario is charged with possession of a weapon.

Deputies say they found a shotgun and rifle in Decker's car which was parked outside of Wayne Central High School.

He was released on an appearance ticket.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
All the drama of parking ticket, what a great use of resources.

I'm sure the people of Wayne County sleep better knowing this "criminal" is no longer a threat to their community.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
People in Wayne county probably think ticketing him is stupid.

·
I kill deer... and I like it
1,336 Posts
Actually I think the people of Wayne County are wondering why this is a big deal.

My classmates had guns in their vehicles all through hunting season in high school. And when we had archery in gym, I was allowed to ride on the bus with my bow and a quiver full of arrows. The principal just made me walk the bow to his office for storage while I was in my other classes. But I was allowed to walk unattended from his office to the gym and back with it. Nobody questioned the pocket knife clipped on my pocket every day either.

This wasn't in the 70's either, it was in the late 1990s and early 2000s.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
People in Wayne county probably think ticketing him is stupid.
I do, and I live about a mile from the school! :)

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Lesson, never tell anyone that you have your guns in your vehicle. Glad he only got a ticket instead of going to jail, hope he can get it dropped.

·
Registered
551 Posts

·
Registered
2,445 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yea that kid is actually me i was in a recent move and totally forgot they were in there even the sheriff said i wasnt a threat but they arrested me and took my guns i feel bare without them it was a .22 and a 12 gauge shotgun and you could tell i was moving i had all of my hunting stuff in my trunk locked up so no one could have gotten to them they were searching for drugs saw ammo searched car and found guns

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Keep us updated.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Yea that kid is actually me i was in a recent move and totally forgot they were in there even the sheriff said i wasnt a threat but they arrested me and took my guns i feel bare without them it was a .22 and a 12 gauge shotgun and you could tell i was moving i had all of my hunting stuff in my trunk locked up so no one could have gotten to them they were searching for drugs saw ammo searched car and found guns
Thanks for sharing what happened, and please keep us updated as to what happens. BUT, please, if you have a lawyer, consult with them before posting details, etc on here until your matter has been completely resolved :)

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
What a waste of taxpayer dollars.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I don't have all the facts but this seems like it might be a good opportunity for a judge to use some common sense and dismiss.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I don't have all the facts but this seems like it might be a good opportunity for a judge to use some common sense and dismiss.
Having any official in NYS use common sense would be a new & exciting event!

·
I kill deer... and I like it
1,336 Posts
Having any official in NYS use common sense would be a new & exciting event!
Exactly - it would be like seeing Bigfoot riding a Unicorn down 490, except twice as rare.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I must be the only person in Wayne County that has a problem with guns on school property. I am not saying lock this kid up or ruin his life, but I have to say a slap on the wrist might be in order. The gun owner MIGHT not go bonkers and try to wipe out the senior class with those guns, but what about another student that knows the guns are n the car??? Many gun laws might be UNlawful, but till changed they are laws to be obeyed. So many people think if THEY do not like the law, they do have to obey it. This is not the case here clearly, but ...........!!!

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I must be the only person in Wayne County that has a problem with guns on school property. I am not saying lock this kid up or ruin his life, but I have to say a slap on the wrist might be in order. The gun owner MIGHT not go bonkers and try to wipe out the senior class with those guns, but what about another student that knows the guns are n the car??? Many gun laws might be UNlawful, but till changed they are laws to be obeyed. So many people think if THEY do not like the law, they do have to obey it. This is not the case here clearly, but ...........!!!
Did you read Deckheads post? He is the one who had the guns. Locked up in his trunk. Locked up.

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
what about another student that knows the guns are n the car???
Unless the owner bragged about them how would he/she know? My science teacher kept a 12 gauge coach gun in the back room. My drivers ed teacher taught us the art of road hunting or so he thought and I had a Mauser in my shop class locker so I could refinish the stock, or had drivers ed:cool: Nobody died.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts