New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have received two of my four references!!! Getting excited! I took my first safety class today.... my next class will be on the 18th. I hope to get everything in by the end of the month!!!! (then, the waiting begins.....Chester...orange county)

just thought I'd post up my progress :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Congrats on the progress. Is this going to be your first permit/gun, if so I can see why your so excited. Heck I get excited EVERY time I walk into an armory/gun store.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats on the progress. Is this going to be your first permit/gun, if so I can see why your so excited. Heck I get excited EVERY time I walk into an armory/gun store.
Yes, this is my first hand gun. I'm applying for unrestricted ccw (i think that language is correct, lol) . thank you for your response.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yes, this is my first hand gun. I'm applying for unrestricted ccw (i think that language is correct, lol) . thank you for your response.
Nice, get yourself and nice belt and holster and you'll be all set. Believe me, during the waiting you have PLENTY of time to shop around.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Good luck with the process. They usually put restrictions on in Orange County out of the gate (unless you have a really good reason or know someone, lol) but you can apply to have them removed after a year or so. S&W 638 is a nice gun for concealed carry. I have a Model 60 which is very similar but in .357 and exposed hammer. You'll probably want to get a bigger gun for target shooting later on. The small barrel isn't good for much other than being up close and personal. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Congrats on your progress. The waiting does stink, but it will be soo worth the wait. The 638 is a great gun, I agree with cgrutt. My first handgun is/was a S&W model 36 in nickel. Still have it, still one of my favorites.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts