New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
What do you expect? That the TSA agents making 8 bucks and hour are going to throw themselves in front of a bullet? How many of us, regardless of where we work are going to risk our lives for a stranger or a co-worker?

Most people are a**holes and I could take or leave any of my co-workers so I know what I will do

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
They are a bunch of clowns, they aren't the kind of people you want trying to stop a dangerous situation. They would only get more people hurt by giving bad and conflicting directions.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've only seen photos of TSA folk on TV and in the news. I don't want these glorified mall cops toting guns any more than I want a mall cop carrying one. Don't think they are going to be front line shock troopers...more like donut troopers...

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
So much wrong info in this thread..

in any case, the govt knows airports in general are targets.

VBEDs, IEDs, etc... An attack by a shooter surely is a possibility. Not always do they create a contingency plan in response to intel given by another branch within DHS but... Many times they do. Even any chatter among known terrorists result in a response to how they operate or plan.

·
Registered
132 Posts
this type of shooting THREAT will be used to expand TSA beyond airport gates to sports arenas, malls, grocery stores, thruway, public bathrooms... real or not the mere threat will be used to keep people safe from a boogie man.

used to be that those "evil muslims" were the bad guys. notice how the shift has been towards average normal american citizens.

·
Banned
1,163 Posts

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
like it or not, the DHS is rapidly becoming the largest police force in the country. Make fun of them if you want, but this should be of some concern to everyone.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
why would somebody do a mass shooting specifically as a TSA checkpoint?

sounds pretty silly.
Why would anybody shoot up a school or a movie theater? People are crazy

As far the actual article, I don't see what the problem is. It certainly is a possibility of a shooting taking place at an airport and to be honest, I don't know what you would expect the TSA to do other than run since they are unarmed for the most part.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Seemed as thought the emphasis was on saving themselves first.

jmac00 makes an excellent point that this is something we should be particularly aware of.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Kinda pointless. There's a good number of armed police officers at any given airport - it's too hard of a target for a mass shooter who will face armed resistance. Unlike say a "gun free zone".

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
like it or not, the DHS is rapidly becoming the largest police force in the country. Make fun of them if you want, but this should be of some concern to everyone.
already here --- scary chit, from credible sources-- CNN, Fox

TSA VIPR team searches Amtrak station

Tennessee Becomes First State To Fight Terrorism Statewide - NewsChannel5.com | Nashville News, Weather & Sports

Activist Post: TSA VIPR team patrols California train station

http://[COLOR=#ffff00]www.cnn.com[/COLOR]/2012/01/28/travel/tsa-vipr-passenger-train-searches/

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
largest police force in the USA?

I'd love to see evidence for this claim.

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
largest police force in the USA?

I'd love to see evidence for this claim.
I don't actually have a link, but you have to wonder about a government agency ordering 7000 M-16 rifles and 450 million rounds of 40cal bullets. Which is an opened order, they can order has much as they want.

They are also Partnering up with many local police depts. So we can extrapolate that they are indeed becoming the largest police force in the country.

or you could just scoff and ignore the post, makes no difference to me

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
I don't actually have a link, but you have to wonder about a government agency ordering 7000 M-16 rifles and 450 million rounds of 40cal bullets. Which is an opened order, they can order has much as they want.

They are also Partnering up with many local police depts. So we can extrapolate that they are indeed becoming the largest police force in the country.

or you could just scoff and ignore the post, makes no difference to me
....scoff.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts