New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was in dicks sporting goods (middletown) the other day talking to one of the guys behind the gun counter. he was telling me about a range near mount hope road in middletown. he said that a membership is required and that the police use it at times to train there. he didnt have a name for it or a website so he made it seem like it was a building someone owned and opperated a private shooting range out of in which you can get a membership. he said they just give you a key to the place and you are welcome to go anytime you wanted.

i was wondering if anyone knows of this place and where i could possibly find a website or something in order to find out some more information. any help would be appreciated.

-Ryan

·
Registered
2,442 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Hi Ryan,

Its called the middletown pistol and rifle association. There are monthly meetings held on the second thursday of each month. You also need to me a NRA member. Its a great organization.....and a great place to shoot.

·
Registered
241 Posts
you have davis range on polasky hwy in goshen its and indoor 100 yrd and master class in monroe

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Ryan,

Its called the middletown pistol and rifle association. There are monthly meetings held on the second thursday of each month. You also need to me a NRA member. Its a great organization.....and a great place to shoot.
wonderful. thanks for the help, i will be looking into it and possibly be at a meeting soon.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
The only downside to this place is the requirement of no jacketed ammo, and no magnum loads. Last i knew they were "experimenting" with jacketed loads, but i havent been in a few months. However, it is indoor, lit and heated, so makes for a pretty nice time just practicing with your .22. since i reload my pistol calibers, the non jacketed ammo thing is not a huge deal because thats what i load for target practice. Nice place and pretty reasonably priced. And i believe you can bring up to 2 non members with you. Can't beat that!

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Oh my main reason for posting on this was to also advise you of Shawangunk fish and game association Home they are in middletown 37 Denman Road (right near the water tower past blueberry mountain) I'm not sure what membership requirements are as i only go as a non member to utilize the Trap Range.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jayk500, thanks for the advice i will look into shawngunk. im looking around at all the clubs and places to shoot in the area to find the best place for me.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
I put an app in at Blackrock in Cornwall (Mountainville) about two months ago. Haven't heard anything yet. Shot there once with my Brother-in-law and they had a decent 200 yrd range as well as trap and pistol. Nice clubhouse / bar with archery and fishing on a separate property off Rt 32. Now if they would only respond to my app....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts