New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
They MUST have a valid reason of course. Just let me see the stats for death (or in the .50's case PROPERTY DAMAGE) from the .50 and we will see. I will not accept "We don't have any because there are none" as an answer.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Here's your reason:
"

Despite their versatility in war, these rifles have limited lawful purposes. They weigh between twenty and forty pounds and measure almost five feet in length. They are too large and unwieldy for effective home defense and too powerful and destructive for hunting. This bill will ban the. possession, sale and use of 50-caliber weapons in order to protect our citizens and the law enforcement personnel who risk their lives to keep us safe."

Please, someone, show me where the 2nd Amendment put conditions on our ownership of firearms?

·
Registered
720 Posts
A weapon with the capacity to kill a human at over a mile, pierce body and vehicle armor, and destroy military and civilian infrastructure could cause considerable destruction and havoc if wielded by an assassin or other criminal or terrorist.
This law was written by a 3rd grader or bubble headed soccer mom or both and since when do "crimial or terrorist" follow the laws of NY.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
My stance is: Accept no more restrictions, do not compromise on anything that has to do with firearms. Find a way to repeal or have declared unconstitutional the restrictions that are already in place.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Lets execute illegal gun owners (thugs) when they are found in possession of such items, start with the handguns and the problem will go away so that no other restrictive gun laws will be needed

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Here's your reason:
"

Despite their versatility in war, these rifles have limited lawful purposes. They weigh between twenty and forty pounds and measure almost five feet in length. They are too large and unwieldy for effective home defense and too powerful and destructive for hunting. This bill will ban the. possession, sale and use of 50-caliber weapons in order to protect our citizens and the law enforcement personnel who risk their lives to keep us safe."

Please, someone, show me where the 2nd Amendment put conditions on our ownership of firearms?
Ah yes, so THESE are the weapons they are robbing the liquor stores with!

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
I wonder if they know that there are muzzle loading rifles in .50 and even .60 caliber, or higher. What about other rifles like .338 Lapua? They can be just as destructive when talking about a Vs. LEO or Civilian target, there are also quite a few calibers ranging from .405 - .450. This law will never pass, plus I would love to see them try to make anyone go near the guy that HAS the .50BMG and tell him he needs to hand it over.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Lets execute illegal gun owners (thugs) when they are found in possession of such items, start with the handguns and the problem will go away so that no other restrictive gun laws will be needed
you make too may assumptions here. most of them about the government acting logically. when do they ever do that?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I wonder if they know that there are muzzle loading rifles in .50 and even .60 caliber, or higher. What about other rifles like .338 Lapua? They can be just as destructive when talking about a Vs. LEO or Civilian target, there are also quite a few calibers ranging from .405 - .450. This law will never pass, plus I would love to see them try to make anyone go near the guy that HAS the .50BMG and tell him he needs to hand it over.
the proposed law excludes our muzzloaders

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
"Alarmingly, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF)
investigators have found that some of these weapons have ended up in
the hands of domestic and international terrorist organizations,
international drug traffickers, and violent criminals.".........................because the ATF purposely let those people straw purchase them.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
"Alarmingly, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF)
investigators have found that some of these weapons have ended up in
the hands of domestic and international terrorist organizations,
international drug traffickers, and violent criminals.".........................because the ATF purposely let those people straw purchase them.
You are joking right? The ATF GAVE these people weapons. Fast and Furious FTW!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
and i JUST Wood Toy Gas Rectangle Hardwood finished building my beowulf now i have to bury it?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Is that the twenty pounder or the forty pounder?
well the other day i took off the half inch rubber butt pad and installed the new full inch one. so i may have crossed the line there

·
Registered
948 Posts
I beg to differ that all .50 cal's are 20+lbs. How about the Desert Eagle in 50AE or the S&W model 500 in 50 S&W? When you add all the goodies you might make 7 lbs.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Whomever proposed that legislation probably watched this scene, freaked out, and now they are on a crusade to ban 50 cal firearms. Why? Because EVERY druglord, assassin, and terrorist in NYS has an M107 in their gym bag!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts