New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I speak for most everyone on here when I say THANK GOD trump won the election. Now with his pro 2A views what and how will it effect us here in NY? Trump can pass pro gun laws but will gov, quomo let it take effect for us here in the state.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I doubt there is any relief for us in the immediate future resulting from the Presidential election. First, after all the obligatory pleasantries are over be prepared for some desperate and radical maneuvering by the Democraps. From the top on down. Second, Cumho has way too big an ego and impression of himself to allow any actions to be taken against his bragging rights SA without a vicious fight. Third, the courts on each side of the country have no problem with either ignoring or making some crazy interpretations of the Constitution. No reason for them to stop now. There is an awful huge work load ahead of the soon to be new staff in the White House. We are focused on the second amendment here on this forum. However the POTUS and staff have a much fuller plate than what we get focused on.
Nation wide reciprocity hopefully would help us somewhat. I have no idea how soon it might happen. That of course would not have any bearing on banned firearms, magazine capacity, things like weight requirements and evil features etc.
Don't get me wrong. I would be ecstatic to see major sweeping changes as much as anyone.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Im still amazed that the supreme court wouldnt take any 2a cases but took on a case about guys using womens bathrooms.
they know they have to side with us , they know the bans and alot of the laws are unconstitutional , better for them to let it be then for them to have to rule in our favor

·
Registered
61 Posts
Magazine capacity should come into play if we get national reciprocity. Once people from other states forget or don't realize and get caught here with a 15 round mag in their handgun they'll be sending cases back up the ladder

·
Registered
685 Posts
We are stuck will unSAFE for a long while.

1 - Trump has to appoint a A. Scalia replacement and get him pass the US Senate (w/ Dem trying to block at every step) - 3 to 5 month 2017
2 - All gun rights related cases on standby in Appeals court must be re-introduced ( NY - NYSRPA drop their suit, remember) 1 to 3 years.
3 - New SCOTUS w/ 5/4 conservative must make a ruling , another 2 to 3 year.

Total 3 to 6-7 years . Before I can bring my BLACK RIFLES back to NY.
Won't matter I'll be living a "free state" by then.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
In todays Buffalo News the Furher said no federal government will interfere with NY policies

"NY a refuge for minorities,immigrants" and the working person is paying for it

·
Registered
598 Posts
In todays Buffalo News the Furher said no federal government will interfere with NY policies

"NY a refuge for minorities,immigrants" and the working person is paying for it
When he loses federal funds, the lil' twat governor ******* will be forced to change his tune.

·
Registered
515 Posts

1 - Trump has to appoint a A. Scalia replacement and get him pass the US Senate (w/ Dem trying to block at every step) - 3 to 5 month 2017
2 - All gun rights related cases on standby in Appeals court must be re-introduced ( NY - NYSRPA drop their suit, remember) 1 to 3 years.

Dems don't have control of anything right now, so how could they try to block anything he does? That would really come down to RINOs.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
It's harder to argue away what's in writing, then to form an opinion on a topic that is not specifically addressed in the constitution. A Transgender case is the safer case to take. Everyone can spout there opinion rather then refer to law. For the most part.

Im still amazed that the supreme court wouldnt take any 2a cases but took on a case about guys using womens bathrooms.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I also agree it will take longer than we would like to get thing moving more favorably in our direction but,
I think it might happen sooner that the left anticipates. Again I agree, appointing the SC justices will be a huge step in the right direction as long as that SC justice is Scalia-ish.

·
Registered
153 Posts
but then on the other hand I think,.................THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mg2:lol!

Just a joke for you serious citizens out there.

·
Registered
712 Posts
My opinion is you wont see much change in New Yorkistan till you can get rid of the Blue govener.... I heard trumps likes nation reprocity so that is a hope atleast... that makes sense to me. Just like drivers licenses.... but we will see what comes of it all.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
How can a governor have more pull on a states law than the president or high courts?
Also if it comes to national reciprocity, how could say just CA or NY deny that law?

·
Registered
3,291 Posts

What do you mean All gun rights related cases on standby in Appeals court must be re-introduced ( NY - NYSRPA drop their suit, remember) 1 to 3 years?

·
Registered
383 Posts
How can a governor have more pull on a states law than the president or high courts?
Also if it comes to national reciprocity, how could say just CA or NY deny that law?
Because the only power the Federal government has is delegated to it by the Federal Constitution and Congress does not have the authority under the Federal Constitution to enact a national concealed carry reciprocity law.

If the US Supreme Court were to reverse itself and hold that concealed carry is a fundamental right then that is another matter. I don't think either will happen but if Congress passes the law, a Federal court will strike down the law before the ink is dry.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts