New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw on YNN they hosted one and offered up $100 for each functioning gun turned in.

Damn, I missed it, I have a special .22 I've been saving for just such an event that functions, but barely.

Anyone know when the next one is?

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
Don't give in to them. They're just a bunch of antis that if enough guns were handed in, they'd think their agenda was working and continue. Trade in at LGS for something.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Another "It's for your safety" Bull Shi* program.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Don't give in to them. They're just a bunch of antis that if enough guns were handed in, they'd think their agenda was working and continue. Trade in at LGS for something.
But what if I can get $100 for a savage 87A that's only worth maybe $50? How can that be bad?

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
it's just greed

You are willing to sell your firearms soul for $50

You know it's only worth $50 but when it's piled on a table with all the other $50 guns for the news photo no one at home knows that. They see all the evil guns that are out on the street and vow to do more to get rid of them.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No he will be selling it for $100!! LOL! This is a great idea! Then he can use that money to buy more firearms!!! :p
Ha, read my mind.

It would actually go towards more ammo.

Really though, this gun is ready for the scrap pile, the stock is held on with a hose clamp, the barrel is bent, there is no front sight or scope mount area and the mag tube is temperamental.

An LGS might allow me 15 bucks for it because he felt bad for me.

I really don't care what happens to it if they are willing to shell out $100 for it. My other guns though, never.

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
It's not what happens to the gun, it's what happens to their agenda. You view it as $50-100, they view it as an accomplishment in getting guns out of the hands of the people. Note I didn't say "illegal" before "guns".

Although you may think you'd be making out ahead, you also let them win.

Hang the gun on your wall.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
If anything, go with a pile of cash, sit outside, and if someone passes by on thier way in with something nice, offer them $125 for it.....

·
Registered
202 Posts
It's not what happens to the gun, it's what happens to their agenda. You view it as $50-100, they view it as an accomplishment in getting guns out of the hands of the people. Note I didn't say "illegal" before "guns".

Exactly!
Also think of where the funding for programs like this comes from. We are already taxed to death in NY, no need to help the gov't justify keeping more money from us every paycheck.:)

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts

It defeats their agenda because he is going to use that money to fund the gun industry so it is a win!

Exactly!
Also think of where the funding for programs like this comes from. We are already taxed to death in NY, no need to help the gov't justify keeping more money from us every paycheck.:)
You're right, it does come from us tax payers just like he is a tax payer getting some of his money back. If I had some old guns that were in rough shape and not worth anything, I would do the same thing.

James

·
Registered
273 Posts
It doesn't help their agenda at all if word gets out that gun owners are using gun buybacks to get rid of junk guns and buy new ones. Then the antis end up looking like fools.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I need to host an event like that....!! Only I would pay $125.00 for each gun turned in......With all of the crack heads just down the road in Hellmira I would have enough to give you all one for Christmas.....LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts