New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello......I am digging for some input here.....I bought a TROY Front M4 Folding Gas Block Mounted BattleSight and it has the QD swivel mounts,one on each side built in to the sight itself......How reliable and sturdy are these mounts ?? Something just seems strange about mounting a sling on the sight....I guess I am a little concerned about how tightly the sight locks down on the rail,and if it will move if I try and carry the rifle with the sling mounted this way.....Thank you gentlemen...!

· Registered
2,534 Posts
Run it.
Use blue loctite on the threads, push the sight forward hard in the rail slot, tighten it up (don't reef on it!) and forget about it.
If way worried, attempt to re~snug the mounting screw after the first range session, but again, don't get all up on it to 'make' it tighten more.

If you've got a set screw mounted type gas block, the odds are far more in favor of it moving under sling induced stress.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.