New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchased a Walther PPK-S 380 and am having nothing but trouble with it. Sent it back to S&W for repairs for slide removal,twice, feed of ammo and ejecion of round from chamber. Anyone have similar problem with this weapon?

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
I put a couple hundred rounds through my friends 2 weeks ago, didn't have any issue. However he said when he first purchased it, every magazine he shot would have a problem ejecting with the last few rounds. So I guess it's got a long break in period.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
1st problem u have is its a S&W.There quality in the PPK/s is not good.2nd problem, and ill bet this is the one you might be having ,is you can not limp wrist these at all.These PPK/s are more temperamental than my Desert Eagle when it comes to this.Shoot good ammo and keep your wrist locked.Look at how hard the slide pulls back ,there is alot of spring in these for some reason,so any wrist roll when shooting takes alot of needed energy away so the action doesnt work properly.I have a Interarms that did this when i first started shooting it.After reading and correcting myself its ran flawless since.Keep it as level as possible and lock the wrist.Hopefully this will help ya out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got back from S&W my Walther PPK-S which was sent for repairs for the second time. I attempted to load it and it jammed again. I am not unfamilar with auto pistols having been a Police officer for 32 years. I can't trust this weapon anymore since it was to be my main carry weapon. Can anyone inform me how I may contact the CEO of S&W telling him of displeasure with this weapon. Thank you for any assistance.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Polishing the feed ramp to the fixed barrel seems to help a lot of people with the PPK as well in reducing jams. The one I had in college hated cor-bon .380's, and a few other jhp as well, but once I had the feed ramp polished I had probably a 60% reduction in jams? I only put a couple hundred more rounds through it before selling it, so the percentage may be off somewhat; I definitely fired more prior to the polish than after.

·
Registered
342 Posts
We recently purchased a new S&W stainless PPK/S, .380. My wife had one jam, but 3 different shooters and LEAST 400 rounds now, it's been fine. I have heard about the "limp wrist" issue and that's likely my wife's one FTE. Heavy spring... Try to run the gun with snap caps (manually) and they're not likely to eject... It's difficult to pull the slide back fast enough (same as a limp wrist, I suppose). My only complaint is the laser engraving and slide/receiver machining... The laser engraving is rough, and the receiver edges need a larger radius, especially on the blackstrap and dovetail. We actually passed on an almost new Interarms to order the S&W for both the warranty and larger dovetail. Last I knew, the Interarms was still for sale. She loves the gun. It eats cheap ammo as well as hollow points just fine.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Well, as of Jan 1st, Walther is now taking over all warrenty and service on thier firearms.S&W no longer will honor any warrenty issues or problems, so you need to go over to Walthers site and give em a call. I know this because I had to send my PPQ in for a front site that blew off after 7 rounds...

Walther Arms

But let me say those 7 rounds were smooth and the trigger is amazing on it lol

My P99 Ive had since 1998 has been flawless and have shot ALOT of rounds though it...It happens with firearms, and I know Walther will stand behind thier product...Good luck I know its frustrating.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
The only problem I've had with my Interarms PPK/s is slide bite. It gets me every time!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Well im hoping to maybe trade my ppk/s in for a sig 1911 22lr tomarrow,have not decided yet.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have a Interarms PPK/S as well and its a great little gun. I bought it used with some work done on the trigger and the ramp was polished. I have only put around 200 rounds through it and it seems to like Winchester white box. I have had a few feed failures and the whole wrist lock thing makes sense. I hope you get it worked out....nice little unit if it works well, useless if it doesn't.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Well, as of Jan 1st, Walther is now taking over all warrenty and service on thier firearms.S&W no longer will honor any warrenty issues or problems, so you need to go over to Walthers site and give em a call. I know this because I had to send my PPQ in for a front site that blew off after 7 rounds...

Walther Arms

But let me say those 7 rounds were smooth and the trigger is amazing on it lol

My P99 Ive had since 1998 has been flawless and have shot ALOT of rounds though it...It happens with firearms, and I know Walther will stand behind thier product...Good luck I know its frustrating.
I was under the impression that S&W was going to do warranty work on all S&W branded guns, even after their agreement ended. Not true?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got a call from Smith and Wesson customer service stating the since I returned my PPK-S several times for repair they will replace the weapon for new. Well Monday they followed thru with what they said. Good customer service.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.