New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you would like to see what goes into building a 'no blue sky' range, Trenton fish & game Club just completed a 200 yard rifle range a while back. A nice slide show of the construction can be found at their web page.

Check it out at Trenton Fish & Game Club

· Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Helluva job. Any idea what all that cost?

Trenton is a nice club. I shot my first NRA Action Pistol match there many, many years ago.
Cost were in the area of $175,000.00 -- That is with a lot of donated time & equipment, and using steel that was scavenged from a bridge under demolition. REMEMBER - this project was necessary for the club to remain OPEN at all - due to the supposed 'damaging' of downrange property
by errant rifle bullets supposedley coming from the club's range. Be sure of your target & what is beyond.

· Registered
1,701 Posts
i don't feel like going into details but they should have never voluntarily shut that range down. They would have won had they taken to court...I heard that there is no possible way with the trajectory of that bullet, that it could have came from that range. It is what it is though.

· Registered
708 Posts
I haven't been to Trenton since the early-mid '90's. I had no idea they had had this kind of trouble.

And $100 for the first year is not all that bad. A couple clubs around here are more than that. And a club near my nephew in NC has a $600 one-time fee and about $100 a year after that.

I hope the guys who did all that work got lifetime memberships for their efforts. Geez, what a project.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.