New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a Steven 620 very cheap yesterday, rusty but all there and the internals are clean and not rusty. Plan on turning it into a WW II style trench gun, here is the before pic:

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Actually, I just so happen to have one of those which is an Ordnance-marked trench gun. The action was locked up when I got it, and after I took it apart I figured out why: someone had been tampering with the internals, grinding some surfaces down. It's just been sitting since I can't find parts for it, though. Stock was replaced with what may be a Winchester stock, too. It needs some TLC as well, but would make a genuine finished product. So if you have some spare parts, I may be interested, if you want a genuine 620 trench gun, though, this one might work better for you than for me.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Whats the Ordnance - mark? I think I may have a trench Winc M-97. I think it had a heatshield like the one posted above with link. Because where it is connected just above the pump there is blueing missing on both sides where it clamps on above pump.

Just found it, Has the U.S on the side of receiver and the flaming bomb. Mine does not

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sounds like a worthwhile project. Good luck and I'm looking forward to seeing the outcome.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Slowly workign on it, in no hurry to get it done, here is a before and after of the reciever

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm going to dura coat it, too pitted in spots to blue it, plus the tactical black will look cool. Bayonet lug/heat shield is going to be a while, too much other stuff I want to get beofore dropping $125 on somthing that won't get used much.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alrighty kids, here it is. I', pretty happy with the way it turned out, I still have to refinish the wood and oil it up, but I wanted to get it back togther for how.

·
Registered
296 Posts
WOW, quite a difference. I have an old shotgun that I would like to refinish the barrel on, how did you like the Duracoat? Easy to apply?

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WOW, quite a difference. I have an old shotgun that I would like to refinish the barrel on, how did you like the Duracoat? Easy to apply?
So far I love duracoat, second gun I've done with it, super easy to apply.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts