New York Firearms Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
This will certainly help gun owners across the country prove we're not scumbags.

/sarcasm

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
*dons flame suit*

Would I shoot it? Nope. Does it make gun owners look bad? Perhaps. Is it in bad taste? Perhaps. Should it be allowed? Absolutely. It's a piece of paper. I don't care if it's a picture of Osama Bin Laden, Sadam Hussen, Captain Crunch, The Virgin Mary, Travon Martin, etc.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
*dons flame suit*

Would I shoot it? Nope. Does it make gun owners look bad? Perhaps. Is it in bad taste? Perhaps. Should it be allowed? Absolutely. It's a piece of paper. I don't care if it's a picture of Osama Bin Laden, Sadam Hussen, Captain Crunch, The Virgin Mary, Travon Martin, etc.
All theory aside, its in poor taste and should not be supported. No good can come of this. In time, I'm sure you will agree.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Good thing at GCL any images of people or offensive targets are prohibited. At least some places have some common sense rules in case some Einstein shows up with one of those targets.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
All theory aside, its in poor taste and should not be supported. No good can come of this. In time, I'm sure you will agree.
In time for what? I need more time to let the first amendment soak in?

I find the original post offensive and therefor you all should not have the right to comment on it.

See how that is ridiculous?

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
In time for what? I need more time to let the first amendment soak in?

I find the original post offensive and therefor you all should not have the right to comment on it.

See how that is ridiculous?

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Someone claims one right by stepping on another? Everyone knows what those targets mean so do not even go there.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
*dons flame suit*

How can you say it might make gun owners look bad? It will 100% make us all look bad. It is 100% in poor taste. It is disgusting to sell targets that are made to resemble a dead minor.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Do not make jokes about this please. These are offensive comments.
And we, in America, can say these things. I don't understand how people so 2A friendly can say "But don't say that, it might offend someone!"

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
How can you say it might make gun owners look bad? It will 100% make us all look bad. It is 100% in poor taste. It is disgusting to sell targets that are made to resemble a dead minor.
Because some people might be smart enough to realize it's a piece of paper? People also shoot Osama targets. Guess what? That offends people as well.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
And we, in America, can say these things. I don't understand how people so 2A friendly can say "But don't say that, it might offend someone!"

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
This is not about 2A or 1A or whatever TF you want it to be. Don't get into absurd technicalities.
The best you can do is to back off and apologize. Those comments
are wrong.

You have the right to keep your mouth shut.

Jfeff, Chris or someone please close this thread.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
This is not about 2A or 1A or whatever TF you want it to be. Don't get into absurd technicalities.
The best you can do is to back off and apologize. Those comments
are wrong.

You have the right to keep your mouth shut.

Jfeff, Chris or someone please close this thread.
Wow, no need for that. Clearly this conversation cannot continue civilly.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
I am an easy going and very reasonable guy. I always help people in the forum but I will not stand for that crap.
You guys insult people with your big mouth and now you claim civility what?
Words hurt like fists too. In most forums you would be gone for good.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Nobody insulted anybody, you are just acting very irrationally about this.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I think everyone agrees that they are in bad taste. Just because you have the "right" to do something doesn't mean that it is the right thing to do.

Also this big orange font makes my head hurt.

Just keep it civil.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.