New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I inherited a pile of muskrat stretchers and loads of footholds. I trap, but I have no need for that much equipment. If anyone wants to get into it, or needs some let me know.

I would prefer to trade instead of sell, just because the stuff was given to me and I would like to trade for something involving hunting or trapping.

Guns, decoys, ammo, anything really, let me know if you are interested and what you have. I will consider all things outdoorsy.

I'm not sure of exact quantities, but I will catalog and list them when I get home so you know exactly how much of each I have.

· Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, got a picture and a list.

Everthing is sorted, and I set aside two of each set for my own collection. This is what is up for trade.

48 - #1 wire Muskrat stretchers
7 - #1 Underspring Footholds
6 - #1 1/2 Longspring
15 - #1 Longspring
5 - #1 Double coil
7 - #1 Longspring Stop loss
10 - Two trigger double coil stop loss (they look pretty vicious, never really seen that kind before)
7 - Random mix of traps with broken or missing parts.

Retail for everything new is about $550, I would value the whole lot at half that though since it is used and I want to trade. Everything is sorted, all the listed traps are in working order, the broken ones I set into the broken pile and I will send them with you too for extra parts or scrap or whatever. Most have surface rust but are in great shape, should take dye and wax really well.

I would love to trade the whole lot for a break open 10 or 12 gauge in 3.5", if it is a nicer one I can add a little cash. Or like I said, willing to trade for just about anything. I will never run a 50 trap line, so for me to just sit on all this stuff is a bit silly one other people could be using it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.