New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spouse's parents have a few rifles (shotgun and .22 rifle) and the dad has Alzheimer's so they want to transport the rifles and store them at our house. I only have a pistol permit, but wasn't sure about transporting rules and storage of things you don't own.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You are fine as long as the guns you transport are not in violation of NY stupid SAFE act and yes a Ruger 10/22 with a thumb hole stock is an AW under the SAFE Act. Tube fed 22s are exempt from the 10 round limit. If you want to your mother can give you a letter transfering ownership to you.

·
Registered
265 Posts
You are fine as long as the guns you transport are not in violation of NY stupid SAFE act and yes a Ruger 10/22 with a thumb hole stock is an AW under the SAFE Act. Tube fed 22s are exempt from the 10 round limit. If you want to your mother can give you a letter transfering ownership to you.
I just reread Section 898 (NYS firearm private sale and disposal)which was just update in July, there are changes due to take effect next year. Since there is no uniform procedure for interstate transport, I’d still check with the NYSP, safe not sorry. If anything is semi auto it’s a show stopper..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts