New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically, I want to give my brother a rifle that I bought in my name.

Can I just give it to him and do nothing, or do I have to do a bunch of paperwork to make it in his name and legal?

Thank you.

· The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
Provided he is not a felon, you can just hand it to him. There is nothing to do.

· Registered
334 Posts
ARRGGGH!!! This family-member-gun-giveaway-loophole must be closed !! Brothers giving guns to sisters, daughters giving guns to fathers...it's anarchy !!

· Registered
8,557 Posts
ARRGGGH!!! This family-member-gun-giveaway-loophole must be closed !! Brothers giving guns to sisters, daughters giving guns to fathers...it's anarchy !!
Oh the horror, what ever are we to do????

I gave my brother in law his first two pistols (after convincing him he needed a pistol license first of course).

· Registered
147 Posts
I'm wondering about this as well. The curious part is my NYC residence. Once I receive my permit, my father plans to give me his old Mauser 98. He's in California. I believe that immediate family members can transfer long guns no problem, but I'm curious what paperwork I'll have to do aside from the NYC registration form.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.