New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
HAHA I think the bear spotted the camera!

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Beginning of May was the last time the memory was cleared.
Those are only the good ones. Plenty more moose, bear, deer.

That is on an old skidder trail that goes back to one of our remote camps. It easy walking for critters.

They logged the sections of woods near there this winter so traffic has increased since the forest has opened up to new growth.

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
Looking good! Did you cover up the green and/or red LEDs? I wonder if the animals are seeing them. This reminds me that I need to start putting my camera out.

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
would you mind sharing where this was? I would really like to see a moose. Plus I dont hunt so no worry about competition if you do lol.

Great captures!

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Be Careful. You may capture a Mountain Lion which according to the DEC don't exist in NY State. Nice Pics, I am putting new batteries and clearing my card today.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am headed up to camp this weekend so I'll have a new crop of video. Our lease is in the Santa Clara Tract.

While all of this land has now become public access in a compromise with NYS to save all the hunting camps. (timber company sold conservation easement to NY) there is no public access to the roads. Now the general public can hunt / hike / look at butterflies but they have to hike in from the highway. We have keys to all the gates.

Santa Clara Tract Conservation Easement Lands - NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation

1 - 15 of 15 Posts