1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Looks good although we are never truly done changing our firearms lol.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
I like the way it looks before you did anything. I just don't like much more than a shell carrier but that's just me.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the way it looks before you did anything. I just don't like much more than a shell carrier but that's just me.
I'm compensating for everything I cant legally have on a rifle lol.

The scope is for slugs and Deer, (Ive sighted the scope in at 75 yards)

The laser is for buckshot and intruders.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pre-safe act I was a rilfe guy only. Never owned a shotgun or ever fired one before this past march. SO far with this pig I have put:

900 CHaeap traget loads down range
over 200 buckshot down range
75 slugs down range
and over 50 turkey loads down range

I took a turkey this year with it even though its cylinder bore (no choke)

and judging by the fact I can put 25 slugs in an area smaller than my wifes tiny fist @ 75 yards, a deer will be taken this year. Despite everyone saying you cant hunt with an HD barrel.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Leave your wife's fist out of this lol! Is your shoulder better?
It was my collarbone not shoulder, and yes the next week I was shooting despite some quack doctor telling me not too! Just made me realize shooting in the prone is not as easy with a shotgun lol.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Also it embarrassing to say this but I let it go to long without a proper cleaning, even a CLP soaking would not loosen the action. Had to go to the gunsmith and a hour long dip in the solvent tank. The action is now like butter and cycles everything I throw at it. While he had it apart I had him ditch the savage mag spring and add the Winchester one. It now eats up everything I run through it, but I would have anyway if I had cleaned it properly. I had cleaned what I could without disassembly. Over a thousand rounds without a disassembly cleaning before It acted up though, so that's pretty good for cheap $200 HD shotty.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
It's bittersweet when they're "done" it's always fun researching and ordering parts and bolting them on. When I bolted on my PA microdot on my 590a1 conversion it was "done." Good thing I still have my 930 to modify lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts