1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Formerly SRV1
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
5,312 Posts

· Registered
8,557 Posts
Quite a few shots fired, I wonder how many actually hit the guy? NYPD don't carry Tasers?

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
It that man had been brandishing a gun, I'm 90% sure the headline would read "Nuclear bomb dropped on NYC by Michael Bloomberg." ;)

· Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator
2,326 Posts
Quite a few shots fired, I wonder how many actually hit the guy? NYPD don't carry Tasers?
Why would you meet deadly physical force with less-lethal force?

· Registered
5,426 Posts
While I appreciate the ability to see the police in action, when you have like 50 uniformed police officers brandishing their handguns while side stepping down the street and yelling at you to get back and stay on the side walk.....GTFO of there, you are only in their way and should you fumble badly enough you may end up a potential human shield for whatever psycho they are trying to detain, NYPD don't whip their guns out for every occasion. Sheesh.

· Formerly SRV1
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
While I appreciate the ability to see the police in action, when you have like 50 uniformed police officers brandishing their handguns while side stepping down the street and yelling at you to get back and stay on the side walk.....GTFO of there, you are only in their way and should you fumble badly enough you may end up a potential human shield for whatever psycho they are trying to detain, NYPD don't whip their guns out for every occasion. Sheesh.
I noticed that. What a bunch of f-tards! Did you see them after the man got shot? Everybody wanted to crowd around and see. This is where arrests should be made. Dumb people and their camera phones have to get in there. Charge them with obstruction!

James

· Registered
5,426 Posts
I noticed that. What a bunch of f-tards! Did you see them after the man got shot? Everybody wanted to crowd around and see. This is where arrests should be made. Dumb people and their camera phones have to get in there. Charge them with obstruction!

James
I did see that, he hears the shots, ducks down a little until they stop and then BOLTS towards the guy, just to get a nice gory scene on his camera. While I can admit that humans for some reason like to see conflict, injuries, and just generally bad things happen to other people for some reason (been like that since the beginning of time) myself included (like watching skateboard accidents where they break their arms in half) when someone has just been shot you just clear the hell out of there, most of the time it is not an instant kill, and the last thing I want burned into my mind is a guy gurgling on his last moments of life, it would be thoroughly disturbing. That being said he had a knife and was going at the police officers with it, I feel no sympathy for him, just wouldn't wanna look at it is all.

· Premium Member
4,405 Posts
like ~15 shots from what sounded like at least 2 shooters.

i dont see why people are running around with camera phones trying to get the next best youtube video.
way to make yourself a hindrance to LE trying to stop the guy with the knife.

whole situation looked pretty screwy. Glad i dont live down in that hole.

· Registered
8,557 Posts
Why would you meet deadly physical force with less-lethal force?
If it was one on one, or two on one, I could see your point, however the guy was surrounded by at least 6 officers. Are you implying that a taser is only to be used on unarmed uncooperative suspects, like seen on you tube? I was just wondering why there was no escalation of force from less than lethal to lethal. The video clearly shows officers chasing the man with weapons drawn.

In Afghanistan we have to use an escalation of force before we go to deadly force, a man with a knife is not as dangerous as a man with a car, gun or bomb. Typically We have to respond with a lot of different measures before we can actually shoot someone. Of course we are hindered by the public not tolerating collateral damage. I would much rather be allowed to terminate with most lethal force available at soon as the threat appears. Funny how we have to put ourselves in a very dangerous situation before escalating force for foreigners but that is not how it appears to be when dealing with US citizens.

I am sure the officers did what they were trained to do, and that no one outside the department has the whole story. Not faulting just asking, if that is still allowed in the America that I defended.

Edit : a news source just stated they used pepper spray so there was some form of escalation.

· Registered
813 Posts
Is this going to be one for Jackson/Sharpton to stick their useless two cent into?

· Registered
8,557 Posts
Is this going to be one for Jackson/Sharpton to stick their useless two cent into?
Jackson is too busy with covering for his son, I am sure Al will be around soon though.

· Registered
8,342 Posts
Looks like a Kitchen knife. Better outlaw them in the city. I can't imagine why anyone would want to live there. I know some people love it. Just not my cup of tea...

· Registered
128 Posts
In NYPD only Lieutenants, and up plus emergency services can carry tazers. NYPD only uses department issued hollow points. Gotta remember they are 9mm (not much shock wave internally) and at that close of range there isn't much expansion of that bullet. Plus unless you hit a vital organ it can take a lot of rounds to drop someone.
Just imagine someone high on meth or PCP which happens a lot down there.

· Registered
3,441 Posts
If it was one on one, or two on one, I could see your point, however the guy was surrounded by at least 6 officers. Are you implying that a taser is only to be used on unarmed uncooperative suspects, like seen on you tube? I was just wondering why there was no escalation of force from less than lethal to lethal. The video clearly shows officers chasing the man with weapons drawn.

In Afghanistan we have to use an escalation of force before we go to deadly force, a man with a knife is not as dangerous as a man with a car, gun or bomb. Typically We have to respond with a lot of different measures before we can actually shoot someone. Of course we are hindered by the public not tolerating collateral damage. I would much rather be allowed to terminate with most lethal force available at soon as the threat appears. Funny how we have to put ourselves in a very dangerous situation before escalating force for foreigners but that is not how it appears to be when dealing with US citizens.

I am sure the officers did what they were trained to do, and that no one outside the department has the whole story. Not faulting just asking, if that is still allowed in the America that I defended.

Edit : a news source just stated they used pepper spray so there was some form of escalation.
This is why I am against occupation of foreign Countries like Afghanistan. Fighting with one hand behind your bac. My wifes cousins son just got deployed, says it's a shizhole, I am counting the days for him to get back to have some Jaegers and beers!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.